Dedicated charging system questions....

Hello guys. Alright I have a vision in my head for my rebuild and I'm trying to run problems down ahead of time. Here is a thought I had and I may be way off base here so please bare with me. I'm not an electrical genius by any means:

Alright so I currently have a 270 amp alt for charging but am getting my hands on some lithium that likes higher voltages so I was thinking of doing a dedicated alt just for the lithium/audio. So my question would be if I'm running @16volts for the audio side and @14volts for the car side would there be any problems through grounding or whatnot? Would it raise the voltage on the car side through frame grounds? I do plan on dedicated ground runs back to the case of the alt, but alt is connected to the motor just the same as the other one. Am I overcomplicating this?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help given.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

You are indeed over-complicating it. As long as the positive 16VDC isnt touching the positive 14VDC, you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, reedal said:

You are indeed over-complicating it. As long as the positive 16VDC isnt touching the positive 14VDC, you'll be fine.

Thank you reedal.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived