Second Skin Audio

Triticum or JoeX preferably... Or anybody that models

DiBo

I checked your number in WinISD.  

One 3.5K your port velocity will be fine, with a peak velocity of around 23 m/sec.  On 7k your port velocity will peak around 32 m/sec according to WinISD.  Thats a bit higher than I like to see, but not atrocious.   Your port is a lot higher aspect ratio than ideal, but there probably isn't much you can do about that.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

6 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I checked your number in WinISD.  

One 3.5K your port velocity will be fine, with a peak velocity of around 23 m/sec.  On 7k your port velocity will peak around 32 m/sec according to WinISD.  Thats a bit higher than I like to see, but not atrocious.   Your port is a lot higher aspect ratio than ideal, but there probably isn't much you can do about that.  

Solution to this? Make the port bigger and raise tuning a little bit? 

Port ratio... The one time I didn't pay it any attention... Damnit. A slot port to the right or left would've been like 1:1.74

I can't believe I F'd this one up. Bad design. Ugh!!

I gotta fix this and CES is on sat. 

Frustrated AF rt now. 

Of course I already started. The port is just sitting there, it's not actually glued and shot yet. I have to figure out how to change this design to a slot port in a different orientation somehow. 

This whole design is just so my subwoofers are uniform and evenly spaced on the top baffle.I didn't like how my last enclosure the subs were offset to the left because of the slot port to the right.

I'd rather have the subs offset than build a bad enclosure. Any suggestions would be great. 

Ditch this design and eat the money and time? 

31 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Of course I already started. The port is just sitting there, it's not actually glued and shot yet. I have to figure out how to change this design to a slot port somehow.

This whole design is just so my subwoofers are uniform and evenly spaced on the top baffle.I didn't like how my last enclosure the subs were offset to the left because of the slot port to the right.

I'd rather have the subs offset than build a bad enclosure. Any suggestions would be great. 

Ditch this design and eat the money and time? 

You already have the wood cut so I'd just roll with what you have right now.  On 3.5k it should work just fine.  I don't know how soon you plan on going up to 7k of power, but that would be the time to make a change.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

You already have the wood cut so I'd just roll with what you have right now.  On 3.5k it should work just fine.  I don't know how soon you plan on going up to 7k of power, but that would be the time to make a change.  

Actually waiting on 2nd Deaf Bonce AAK-4000.1d rt now. This design has to be changed. Just the fact that I know Port ratio is too high will bug me whether I'm running low power or not. 

Bad design. I appreciate you pointing something out that I should have noticed. I have corrected the design...Tue-Jan-08-08-48-00-PST-2019001-15469660

Physical port length jus fucked me up. Now I'm dropping f bombs and questioning my own designs WTF! This is a good lesson and exactly what the real experts are here for like Joe X and Triticum Agricolam... To help capable hobbyist like myself become a lot better. 

I understand physical and port length. I googled "physical port length" when I started and found an old archived thread that Chris Torres answered himself. Pics and all. Why the fuck is my physical so short? Box will now be 34" deep and I have room to not have any port bends. When I shorten the port length to like 22-23” it says no bends and the physical length actually goes up to 21-22" ( Torres doesn't include the front baffle for whatever reason). If I lengthen the port, physical goes down. I planned on having this finished this morning... Frustrated AF!! 

Archived