Size and amount of fuses?

Okay so I have an Audiopoop Apk-5500, and I’m running two Dark Audio Dki series 12s. Probably haven’t heard of them but anyway, this amp as you all probably know is dual inputs and that’s a little new for me. I plan on having a second battery in the rear. So for my two runs from the main front battery I need 1 450 amp fuse per run of wire correct? And then 1 from the second battery to the amp for both runs of wire all 450 amp fuses and 4 total. Is that right? I’d appreciate your guys thoughts and advice thanks. 

There are lots of "discussions" on here about this. I suggest you search for them. Figure out the amperage rating of the cable you are using and choose a fuse with the same or lower rating. Using a fuse with a higher rating will not protect you from catching on fire in the event of a short.

Is your wire rated at 450A of current for that length of a run? 

This is a greatly debated topic, but i say do not exceed the ampacity of the wire for the length of the run, but dont fuse at the max either. I would fuse about 50A lower. Then make as many runs as needed to meet the total amperage needed for the accessories

Archived