Second Skin Audio

Help in deciding enclosure type for new build

anr102990

Working towards a new build in my truck, 2005 f159 supercrew (4 door) , torn between a flow through center console from dash all the way to the rear seat and up and over the middle portion for 4 12s ported. However , I was just thinking this morning about 2 15s in a 4th order bandpass. That would mean removing the rear seat obviously and I’m not opposed to doing that. I’m not too concerned with what it would meter, but my goals are for the build to be fun listen to, as much bandwidth as possible, playing down to at least 28 hz with authority, and most of all as windy as possible. I’ve only ever had simple ported enclosures since I’ve been into car audio off and on for 12 years or so or since I was in high school. Any help would be appreciated. I already have the alt and going to purchase lithium battery for the rest of the electrical to support the amp. Taramps MD 8k (not purchased yet). Not decided on sub brand yet but looking into Fi , DC, or Incriminator.  Also open to your ther suggestions for sub sizes and quantities of subs with a recommended enclosure type as well. I am open to using all of the space I have too to bottom side to side in the rear by removing the rear seats. 

Looking at those dimensions you could easily do 4 18" subs with space to spare, greater cone area and less drivers makes for an efficient and cost effective setup, 4 2K+ 18" drivers would do the job. This is to just give you an idea since your dims are not final and all but definitely doable it seems.

Thanks joe x , i was thinking the same thing earlier after doing a little math. Will most likely go with the Fi SSD 18s,  look to be really high quality and at $300 a very fair price. I would also love something like the Sundown X series but they’re out of my budget. You think with the cone area of 4 18s and clamping 3 to 4K out of the amp I could do hair tricks ? 

Archived