LoudPackRacing Posted January 29, 2019 Report Posted January 29, 2019 So I have been having this 12” EXM sub sitting in my room for over a year now, so I finally got around to building the box for it. This was originally for my 1980 firebird, but I might put it in my 2003 Civic or sell it. The sub is rated @1000 rms. The box will be 2.25cu ft. @36hz running off a Kicker ZX750.1 until I upgrade.
Meave Stede Posted January 29, 2019 Report Posted January 29, 2019 2 hours ago, LoudPackRacing said: So I have been having this 12” EXM sub sitting in my room for over a year now, so I finally got around to building the box for it. This was originally for my 1980 firebird, but I might put it in my 2003 Civic or sell it. The sub is rated @1000 rms. The box will be 2.25cu ft. @36hz running off a Kicker ZX750.1 until I upgrade. I wouldnt tune lower than the Fs of the Subwoofer, not a good idea man, you will lose some of the “loudness” I do believe. If I were you, I’d seal it, or sell it. Seth Hardin
Meave Stede Posted January 29, 2019 Report Posted January 29, 2019 2 hours ago, LoudPackRacing said: So I have been having this 12” EXM sub sitting in my room for over a year now, so I finally got around to building the box for it. This was originally for my 1980 firebird, but I might put it in my 2003 Civic or sell it. The sub is rated @1000 rms. The box will be 2.25cu ft. @36hz running off a Kicker ZX750.1 until I upgrade. Ok, I’m sorry about my previous post. I missread the Q parameters. Being as though the Qts is .40, the proper Fb can be below the Fs of the subwoofer. Sorry for confusion. Seth Hardin
LoudPackRacing Posted January 29, 2019 Author Report Posted January 29, 2019 3 hours ago, Meave Stede said: Ok, I’m sorry about my previous post. I missread the Q parameters. Being as though the Qts is .40, the proper Fb can be below the Fs of the subwoofer. Sorry for confusion. Ok so my box is good then correct? Just want to be sure before I get to assembling something just to be disappointed.
k58.cross Posted January 29, 2019 Report Posted January 29, 2019 Use WinISD and make a new entry for your sub, put all the ts parameters in. Then make a new project using your sub, adjust the box and vent settings, and look at the frequency response and SPL curves to get an idea of the performance. Cabin gain will change it, but WinISD can model pretty closely and is free. You already started building the box, so this would just be checking your work at this point. Cheers
Meave Stede Posted January 29, 2019 Report Posted January 29, 2019 12 hours ago, LoudPackRacing said: Ok so my box is good then correct? Just want to be sure before I get to assembling something just to be disappointed. Yeah, it should be decent. It’s a high quality sub, doubt you will be disappointed either way. If you don’t like what you see, make a 4th/6th order bandpass. You will DEFINITELY not be disappointed then! 4 hours ago, k58.cross said: Use WinISD and make a new entry for your sub, put all the ts parameters in. Then make a new project using your sub, adjust the box and vent settings, and look at the frequency response and SPL curves to get an idea of the performance. Cabin gain will change it, but WinISD can model pretty closely and is free. You already started building the box, so this would just be checking your work at this point. Cheers Yup, I wish I could use WinISD on my IPad, would be so useful! Seth Hardin
LoudPackRacing Posted January 29, 2019 Author Report Posted January 29, 2019 5 hours ago, k58.cross said: Use WinISD and make a new entry for your sub, put all the ts parameters in. Then make a new project using your sub, adjust the box and vent settings, and look at the frequency response and SPL curves to get an idea of the performance. Cabin gain will change it, but WinISD can model pretty closely and is free. You already started building the box, so this would just be checking your work at this point. Cheers True, I might as well finish building it since I started. I will definitely be using WinISD to model a new box. Is there a certain SPL curve I should be looking for or is it up to me?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.