Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

EXM 12” build


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Meave Stede said:

Yeah, it should be decent. It’s a high quality sub, doubt you will be disappointed either way. If you don’t like what you see, make a 4th/6th order bandpass. You will DEFINITELY not be disappointed then!

Yup, I wish I could use WinISD on my IPad, would be so useful!

I have been reading up on 4th/6th order boxes. I’m a little nervous because I’ve never built one before and I don’t want to mess it up. If I go this route I definitely will be buying a second sub.

Posted

One thing I noticed when I took the sub out for inspection was that the spider looked a little uneven. I mean the glue is in tack, everything looks solid. Maybe it’s just cosmetic and I’m being paranoid.

9E7B736B-2AE0-47EE-B749-AD5B15EC8348_zps

C1CCEAC3-23A0-41E6-AE14-D8C9B1B7F2D7_zps

66860669-C965-4CE7-A40A-91965A9BF199_zps

Posted

Made a little progress on the box today. I was able to get the side walls up and the port wall. I still have to add bracing and cut out the speaker hole for the double baffle. My circle jig came in as well.

AF7C86B3-3B55-4A85-9E78-BF77C37C4C93_zps

FAA7F78A-0478-400C-B056-449E2506ADBD_zps

Posted
6 hours ago, Meave Stede said:

Dope dude!

Have fun with this idea:

“Butter is just a milkshake.”

Thanks, I’ve been doing the best I can with the tools I have access to. Having good tools definitely makes everything easier. I’m just taking my time with it. I was going to paint it black and white, then white and purple,  but I decided to cover it with carpet with a black or red port.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4731 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...