kapicarules

Prevent headlight dim with a high powered sub setup

11 hours ago, kapicarules said:

So basically as long as my grounds are solid and the big 3 has been completed with bigger wires I should push 1kw no problem on the stock alternator. 

should be nice w/o straining too hard

Regular headlights react to the smallest amount of voltage fluctuation. Alternators don’t produce power immediately, it takes a small amount of time to get the power going, even if you have more than enough alternator power. Batteries will help smooth that out but you will still have voltage fluctuations. Different type of headlights are the best way to deal with dimming, but don’t confuse dimming with weak electrical if you know you have enough of it. You are probably ok with stock alt and a nice AGM battery.

F-150, Sundown Audio & Rockford Fosgate build
My someone what uniterrupted build log (xD UBL)
My xD build in it's current form. (SOLD)
My old builds!
My YouTube channel
My Garage link

Current Equipment:
Pioneer App Radio 3

RF T1652-s components

(2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2

RF 3sixty.2

RF T400.4

RF T1500.1 bdcp

Sky High Car Audio power, ground, and speaker wiring

6 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Regular headlights react to the smallest amount of voltage fluctuation. Alternators don’t produce power immediately, it takes a small amount of time to get the power going, even if you have more than enough alternator power. Batteries will help smooth that out but you will still have voltage fluctuations. Different type of headlights are the best way to deal with dimming, but don’t confuse dimming with weak electrical if you know you have enough of it. You are probably ok with stock alt and a nice AGM battery.

I'm goin led for sure.