9Nails - 2014 Ford Focus build log

17 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Build looks awesome my only complaint is that poor sub  wants way more power . My SA’s can handle 1.2k each but if U love it I love it. I’m sure it sounds great .

You're not joking. At least on paper it's better now that I downgraded to an X from the Z that I had previously. The birth sheet on the RF 1200.1 shows it having 1460 watts. I don't mind underpowering the Sundown though because I'm more than overpowering the full range Focal speakers. I've gotten the Focals hot and stinky a few times trying to eek out a little more from them. My head unit clips at 25 of 30. So I have my gains set at 24 where I know it's clean. I have to hand it to the Focals though, they're taking way more power than rated.

In the future a better head unit and second pair of mids would be nice.

These Sundown Audio subs are a wild beast for sure. That X sounds beautiful, and just that one beats the bejesus out of my car even with the lack of power. It's got the windshield flexing and my friend smiling from ear to ear. The heat shield underneath the car could used some tightening now. I have a second battery and alternator upgrade sitting in the garage if I ever decide to see what that Sundown can really do. But at the moment it's incredible, I love it, and more power is just extra icing on the already delicious cake.

Archived