Grvndson Posted February 19, 2019 Report Posted February 19, 2019 Idk how to delete a post. Thanks everyone for the help
ckeeler11 Posted February 19, 2019 Report Posted February 19, 2019 A 4" aero is not going to be enough. You could probably get away with 2x4" aeros. the problem you are goin gto run into is the length will be pretty long.
Grvndson Posted February 19, 2019 Author Report Posted February 19, 2019 4 hours ago, ckeeler11 said: A 4" aero is not going to be enough. You could probably get away with 2x4" aeros. the problem you are goin gto run into is the length will be pretty long. So do you think 2 6” at 12.5” would work out ?
shredder2 Posted February 19, 2019 Report Posted February 19, 2019 2 6" Aeros at 12.5" long in 2.5ft3 net?.. jeez man... that's not gonna limit output for sure but I'd wager your tuned somewhere in the 50's
Grvndson Posted February 19, 2019 Author Report Posted February 19, 2019 1 hour ago, shredder2 said: 2 6" Aeros at 12.5" long in 2.5ft3 net?.. jeez man... that's not gonna limit output for sure but I'd wager your tuned somewhere in the 50's Lol that’s why I’m asking, because Aeros aren’t making sense to me
shredder2 Posted February 19, 2019 Report Posted February 19, 2019 Try explicit audio app or Torres calculator to get an idea about where you need to be. A single 6" is more area than 2 4". You'll probably be best off with a single 6" or dual 4" Kinda limits area when using an aero at times cause its a fixed area. Usually to do it correctly you'll need to model it on your power to determine port area needed.
Grvndson Posted February 20, 2019 Author Report Posted February 20, 2019 12 hours ago, shredder2 said: Try explicit audio app or Torres calculator to get an idea about where you need to be. A single 6" is more area than 2 4". You'll probably be best off with a single 6" or dual 4" Kinda limits area when using an aero at times cause its a fixed area. Usually to do it correctly you'll need to model it on your power to determine port area needed. Ok, thank you
k58.cross Posted February 20, 2019 Report Posted February 20, 2019 Do you have the sub's ts parameters? I couldn't find a manual in Google. Need those to properly model a box.
shredder2 Posted February 20, 2019 Report Posted February 20, 2019 Try Soundqubed's site 1 hour ago, k58.cross said: Do you have the sub's ts parameters? I couldn't find a manual in Google. Need those to properly model a box. I think I found it on Speaker-box lite's site as well as SSA site... probably others too I think I found them fairly quickly when I looked Been awhile tho... idk Yep.. they're there... just checked I'd go with a single 6" Aero at 25" long in 2.5ft3 net if that volume is solid Or.... 2 4" Aeros at 23" in the same volume But the single 6" would be my 1st choice
Grvndson Posted February 23, 2019 Author Report Posted February 23, 2019 On 2/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, shredder2 said: Try Soundqubed's site I think I found it on Speaker-box lite's site as well as SSA site... probably others too I think I found them fairly quickly when I looked Been awhile tho... idk Yep.. they're there... just checked I'd go with a single 6" Aero at 25" long in 2.5ft3 net if that volume is solid Or.... 2 4" Aeros at 23" in the same volume But the single 6" would be my 1st choice Thank y’all , sorry for not replying. I’ve been busy with work. But one last question. Should I do the port firing from the side, or out the front of the box. If I was to do the 1 6” at 25” long wouldn’t that mean the port would stick 6” out of the box giving that it’s 6” from the back wall?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.