Sonic Electronix

Line out converter or high level input on amp?

Ok so I'm still running my factory head unit I've had this Scosche SCL4 speaker level converter for years because it was the only option when running a factory head unit. Now that I bought a new amp that has high level inputs the question is should I keep the scosche converter and high quality RCAs or should I run speaker wire from the head unit to the amp high level inputs?

I guess that's up to you? Is there a issue with the set up now? What do you gain from switching?  If you do decide to go this route look into 9 wire, It's all 4 of your speakers and a remote turn on it a small cord designed to run thru the car. Be the easiest way to go IMO. Unless the amp is next to the HU.

If your system is grounded properly, and you have separation between power and signal wires there shouldn't be any noise in the system. If anything the high level inputs would be a more direct connection, HU to amp. As of now you have high level turning into low level and sending it to the amp. If what you have now is solid and works leave it. If there's any issue then get some 9 wire and re-run signal wires to amp.

Archived