Cody_m.o.a Posted February 22, 2019 Report Posted February 22, 2019 Ok so I'm still running my factory head unit I've had this Scosche SCL4 speaker level converter for years because it was the only option when running a factory head unit. Now that I bought a new amp that has high level inputs the question is should I keep the scosche converter and high quality RCAs or should I run speaker wire from the head unit to the amp high level inputs?
bcbrassard Posted February 22, 2019 Report Posted February 22, 2019 I guess that's up to you? Is there a issue with the set up now? What do you gain from switching? If you do decide to go this route look into 9 wire, It's all 4 of your speakers and a remote turn on it a small cord designed to run thru the car. Be the easiest way to go IMO. Unless the amp is next to the HU.
Cody_m.o.a Posted February 22, 2019 Author Report Posted February 22, 2019 I just didnt know if one was better than the other. Seems like the high level input would be more prone to engine noise but I wasnt sure.
bcbrassard Posted February 22, 2019 Report Posted February 22, 2019 If your system is grounded properly, and you have separation between power and signal wires there shouldn't be any noise in the system. If anything the high level inputs would be a more direct connection, HU to amp. As of now you have high level turning into low level and sending it to the amp. If what you have now is solid and works leave it. If there's any issue then get some 9 wire and re-run signal wires to amp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.