2014 chrysler 300 electrical upgrade?

Alright guys got a 2014 chrysler 300 3.6l, right now I'm running 2 audiopipe 2 ohm bd4 15s on a wolfram 2400.1 stock elec. Factory alt is 180 amp, I have another wolfram 2400 I want to run both amps either strapped or gain matched my question is what size alternator do I need and how many batteries to run both amps and does my car have a voltage regulator in the computer, even if I upgrade the alternator is the computer going to cut down the h.o alternator to put out insufficient power, this is my first system that's going require power upgrade so I'm new to it

received_445105216059816.jpeg

received_307121406661210.jpeg

Alright so you are talking around 4500 watts. That's a good bit of power. Your car most likely does have a pcm controlled alt but the 2 Chrysler alts that I have known keep it right around 14 volts. The pcm controlled alt cuts it out but when there is demand for it, it will let the alt put out the power. So you have a couple options here. Get the biggest alt that will fit and just let it be pcm controlled or get a bracket and a secondary alt and put the system on the secondary alternator. 

I would suggest the biggest alt you can fit and 3 big xs power or Northstar batts. Unless you want to run lithium and that's a whole nother  can of worms.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

41 minutes ago, Cbphillips812 said:

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Most people are at work. Give it some time and we will be around. Sometimes it will take days to work through people's issues but they usually get solved.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Those 15s are snug, but looks great man.

For comparison I use a 240a mechman with two xs power batts about 105ah of agm. On a DC 2k and P3 12s but just switched those out and haven’t had the chance to start breaking them in.

For the most part if I top my batts off every week or so I don’t dip below 13.8 on heavy songs, lighter songs I sit at 14 but due to Honda’s elecrtic load detector (pcm essentially) I idle at 12.8 or sit at 14.2 when it detects a load. For me I can run my fans without ac and it trips the load detector. 

Since your thinking of double my current power I would suggest either

1 keep the alt you have and get tons of batts / lithium / etc. 

2 upgrade to a second alt or get a beefier single alt as high as you can go 300+ preferred. I wish I looked harder to find one that high because I can’t fit a second unless I made my own bracket from scratch. Also get atleast 150 ah of agm more is better. 

Archived