Marc Hassim Posted March 28, 2019 Report Posted March 28, 2019 I'M LOOKING FOR SEALD PLANS FOR SQ! Hey All, I was checking out the manual and specs of the type x w10 d4 sub (Amp is Alpine PDX M12) and I'm a bit confused! it says internal NET meaning with the sub installed in the box max is 0.75. So that means the internal must me at 0.88sf without the sub? Also i'd need bracing right, so then it would have to be bigger? anyone have any good plans to build this box? Thanks Marc
Joshdashef Posted March 28, 2019 Report Posted March 28, 2019 We’re talking less than 1 cubic foot sealed. I doubt you need any bracing. Use 3/4 inch or 1 inch and you’ll be fine. Get your max dimensions width x height x length account for the thickness of the wood and displacement of the sub and reach your desired .75 cubes net. Tons of website calculators to account for thickness of wood to find net volume then subtract your sub displacements. SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
ckeeler11 Posted March 28, 2019 Report Posted March 28, 2019 You are correct. I would recommend bracing any panel over 12".
Marc Hassim Posted April 22, 2019 Author Report Posted April 22, 2019 Before I purchase any sub, I listen to a lot of rock and was wondering if the Alpine X-W10D4 in a sealed box would be my best bet. I was also looking into 2 Morel Ultimo SC 104 (My Amp Alpine PDX M12), anyone has any experience in these or other subs? I was also reading online that 2 or 3 8" subs would be a great option also. Cheers Marc
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.