02 - TJ Sport Posted August 14, 2019 Report Posted August 14, 2019 Rockford Fosgate - Punch Pro 1.5" 4-Ohm Tweeter PP4-T I am specing something for a Jeep TJ build. I was thinking of running these in the front in 5.25"(modified) brackets. I find that regardless of what goes in those 2 front holders the mids / bass is going to just be lost there with this build anyways its a very closed up area something overpowering will need to be there for it to come through. I have heard horns can mess with your sound via beaming im just wondering if these might be similar to that? or just super loud tweeters @ 50-rms? I am running a "Sony Mex-xb100bt" Deck that can output 42W RMS (100W total - Each channel). I was thinking because i'm likely going to have quite a large soundstage in this jeep off a Rockford Fosgate - T1000X5ad Amp with 4 channels x 100W-RMS for full range and 600RMS for a sub out, these may be a good choice right in the front for bringing the soundstage forward. I was also debating using the rear outputs off that same Deck to do possibly 2 more mounted at the very back on my Sub box which will be fixated to the swing out tailgate running a Rockford - Power T1 Shallow 12 sealed . On the Rear of the jeep will run Punch Marine 8" Wakeboard Tower Speakers - Black PM282W-B - and i was thinking maybe doing on the sound bar which can hold 6.5" max speaker sizes and since its mid vehicle and mid might work ok there on a front or rear output with Punch Pro 6.5" 4-Ohm Midrange PPS4-6 im still unsure of those would fit via magnet size though i need to measure the soundbar. A Lot of this decision relies on those tweeters being less of a horn .. but it still might work like that too. What do you think about such a configuration will it be off? PS* I figured i should add i have my reasons for doing this build in entirely Rockford fosgate speakers and i know its limiting .
Mike4068 Posted August 14, 2019 Report Posted August 14, 2019 Those are the tweets to go with their pro mids. I have a 01 tj and used versa pods and mod pods to bring my sound forward. Both with coaxials in them. Sounds really good.
02 - TJ Sport Posted August 14, 2019 Author Report Posted August 14, 2019 Yea im running kicker Coaxials in the jeep atm off the same deck "42-rms per channel 100W MAX" and to be honest once its howling down the road i have to turn that deck up far to much and everything else is reflected in that. at a stop its super loud but on the road it is just weak unless cranked. Those tweeters i feel match up with the mids for the soundbar but the rest of what i typed out wont lack either. versa mods and pod mods are ok but i feel unnecessary tbh , with the sub - the 6.5" 100W-RMS x2 mids and the rear 8" full range pods i think mid base will be the least of my concerns. This is a build for me but also going to be a bit of a demo.
02 - TJ Sport Posted August 14, 2019 Author Report Posted August 14, 2019 Also i won't lie. One of my 100RMSx2 channels on the amp could have went either way for the front of the jeep but nothing will fit. So this is what i come up with to compensate.
Casparado Posted August 14, 2019 Report Posted August 14, 2019 I have the same deck and what 02-TJ Sport is saying is definitely true. Even though it's 42w/ch, it has very little overhead compared to a dedicated amp, and I think that's due to the small wires you have to attach to (even if you're running a dedicated line from the battery you're still connecting it to a puny 16ga molex connector.) The 5amp RCA outputs are nice, though.
02 - TJ Sport Posted August 14, 2019 Author Report Posted August 14, 2019 Not to sound like a mad mad. but i noticed this and moved heavier gage wire up to the input into the deck. i mean we use blocks so why not.
Mike4068 Posted August 14, 2019 Report Posted August 14, 2019 Yeah, I'm running my coaxials on a Rockford t1000-4ad and my sub on a t2500-1bdcp. There are zero problems going down the road.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.