Sundown Audio

Taramps Input Voltage

schonzen

Does anyone have ballpark figures for how much input voltage Taramps can take? I know it could easily be different for each product line, each model, and even a little different per amp, so whatever you have experience with would be nice to hear.

I believe they all take 4V but what about 5, 6, 7, more?

I'm going to use them for a small build for a friend, and I'll have a DD1 before I start the build. I have not picked a model but am not very impressed with the Bass line, from the tests I've seen. I'm just trying to do research and couldn't find anything about input clipping. I know plenty of people on here get into that nitty gritty.

I know people run 4v to them but from testing I have seen on the MD series they performed better at 1.8 to 2.1. I think @ChevyBoy95 may have popped one right out of the box for too high a input voltage but I may be mistaken.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

I have had a couple MD amplifiers and have ran them anywhere from 4 volts(wifes car-kenwood headunit)all the way up to close to 6 volts (pioneer headunit with cerwin vega converter) with no issues..i like it that way so i can keep the amp level a lot lower and still have plenty of output..and afterall like EXO said in one of his videos testing RCA  voltage  to the amplifiers " most high-end head units put out about 5 volts " so I think it would be  bad on taramps if you couldn't run RCA straight from  an expensive head unit to your amplifier but nonetheless i feel the amp isnt workin as hard with more input voltage ..but im no tech so just goin on personal experience..

• 10 months later...

Hello...i picked up db with less Korean force. The greatest issue with Brazilin power is the negative rail. Fundamentally it's the vehicle, so when they go pop they can take out something other than the amp. They are exceptionally demanding with voltage and when things turn out badly they turn out badly. I considered going Brazilian however I'm the sort that don't care to think about whether something will be alright or give that much consideration to it.

rush turn pcb assembly in canada

Archived