Help wiring mids and highs

BassAddikt

Hey guys (warning: lengthy post)...I've made a few posts on here with questions regarding my system and I wanna thank you guys for giving my your opinions and advice on them. I'm currently getting my doors fiberglassed but I've decided to make a few changes. In the end, i will be running 2x 10s, 4x 6.5s, 1x compression, and 2x flushmount tweeters. Specs of each below. I already have one amp that i will be using- again specs of amps will be below- and I'm planning on getting another one, cuz i know i won't be able to have everything on a single amp. Here's my question- How should I wire everything up? I'm planning to have one amp for the 6.5s (all eight), one amp for the 10s (all four), and an amp for the tweeters and compressions. My friend told me to just run each door on its own amp instead of each (type/size) speaker on their own amp, like i'm wanting to do. How should i wire these up? What would be the best way? Specifically for the tweeters since there's an odd number of them in each door and they're not rated very much (about 50wrms each). They will have an inline crossover to block unwanted frequencies but would I be able to run them with the mids on a given channel? I hope this makes sense.

Specs:     (per door)

2x Skar FSX 10s 4 ohm- 150rms each

2x Skar FSX 6.5s 4 ohm- 150rms each

2x Deaf Bonce Sylvester 6.5s 4 ohm- 150rms each

2x Skar TX-T 4 ohm- 120rms per pair

1x Deaf Bonce apocalypse T25 4 ohm- 45rms 

Amps:   What I have- Stetsom 800.4

2 ohms rms - 4 x 260w

4 ohms rms - 4 x 165w

Bridged @ 4 ohms - 2 x 520w

Amp I'm planning on getting for the 10s - Skar RP-150.4

4 ohm rms- 4 x 150w

2 ohm rms- 4 x 250w

Bridged @ 4 ohms- 2 x 500w

Amp I was thinking of getting for the tweets - Skar RP-75.4

2 ohm rms- 4 x 125w

4 ohm rms- 4 x 75w

Bridged @ 4 ohm- 2 x 230w

Given this info, what would be the best way to wire these babies up? Keep in mind I already have the Stetsom amp, just not sure what other amp i should get.  

sounds like you need a cock box to split your signals or a DSP.  No matter how you set it up think about how you will set the gains and tune it properly.

good luck

It may be..that’s what I keep getting told ha but it’s better than what I was going with, which was having 2 compressions per door (needless to say I got talked out of that lol) but I will be putting the compressions on a switch to be able to turn them on and off. The flush mounts will have constant power. This is my first big build, as far as mids and highs go, so I’m just trusting what others say I should do (i.e. going with 1 compression per door) since I only have an idea of what it’s all gonna sound like. I’ve never ran these types of drivers so I’m not sure what exactly it’s gonna sound like. I’ve only heard this stuff in big builds and shows and I like how they sound and I wanted to give them a try

Archived