DC Sound Lab

Dc Lv3 's In ... Much More Than I Expected ( Pics ) Vid Coming. Thanks Rusty

for every 3 dbs you go up im told is twice as loud. so he is nearly twice as loud and spent MUCH less money unless he bought that memphis at retail price. but besides that he is only running level 3's. if he had level 4's or 5's and more power .......... well you see what im getting at.

one level 5 12 would rape the shit outta a W7.

ok your also forgetting that 2 12s have alot more cone area than 1 12...and no shit a lvl 5 12 would be louder than a 12w7..but i highly doubt it would sound better...also you need to look at the other factors besides levels.

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

for every 3 dbs you go up im told is twice as loud. so he is nearly twice as loud and spent MUCH less money unless he bought that memphis at retail price. but besides that he is only running level 3's. if he had level 4's or 5's and more power .......... well you see what im getting at.

one level 5 12 would rape the shit outta a W7.

and a JL would prolly rape the shit out of a lvl5 in SQ.................................not a fair comparison

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

and a JL would prolly rape the shit out of a lvl5 in SQ.................................not a fair comparison

well, to say that 2 lower level woofers is a fair comparison to the highest end woofer JL makes isnt fair either.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok your also forgetting that 2 12s have alot more cone area than 1 12...and no shit a lvl 5 12 would be louder than a 12w7..but i highly doubt it would sound better...also you need to look at the other factors besides levels.

ok, ill throw a level 4 against it and i bet it would sound just as good and be just as loud if not louder.

and those numbers werent from 2 12's it was from 2 10's.

reading > you.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok, ill throw a level 4 against it and i bet it would sound just as good and be just as loud if not louder.

and those numbers werent from 2 12's it was from 2 10's.

reading > you.

read his sig again dumbass and try a better insult... you = fail Edited by Bryan

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

longer post .. Semi REVIEW post ;)

Wow i didnt even catch that anyone was posting in this thread lol.. Thanks for the replies tho guys..

Just a few quick things.. Ive had 3 setups in the past 5-6 years..

1 12w7 off a 1000/1

1 12 re sx off a memphis mc1000d

2-12 dc lv 3's

As much as i love the dc's ( and i will be buying them again very soon ;) ) obviously there not a w7.. But then again i could buy 4 of them with amps to give them rms power for the same price as 1 12 w7 at retail..

the w7 was imo worth the money, i mean it was sooo smooth, tight n responsive and hit lows better than any other single 12 ive ever heard, and ive heard alot , kickers, sounsplinter, rf, re, jl, jbl, id ( id love to hear the q's and the new xxx ) all in good installs.. but the w7 will always get hated on cuz its a jl, overpriced , overrated etc

Basically what im getting at is that the w7 should not be even compared to the lv3s as an overall, the lv3s should at MOST be compared to a w3 orr w6 which i think retail is about 250 more than a lv3.

My re was nice but could never get good numbers 140.x ( i cant even remember exactly ) and never hit the lows like the w7 but took a beating from hell

The dc s i am so impressed by i cant even tell ya, For what i paid for these subs i really cant think of a better bang for the buck.. Im not talking just sounding good, but doing it while getting loud . I threw a single 12 in one of my old 2^3 boxes i had layin around and ran it off 2 ohm on the memphis ( which i believe is 600 watts ) and it sounded great ..

Complete honesty it sounded louder and cleaner than the re off near double the power , but was not a w7 low end, and overall sq.. But what do you expect its basically 1/5th the price.. Ouput was very good ( never put it on the rta ) but sounded very good.. and loud..

As for the 2 of them off the 1000d it sounds great on every type of music and i listen to everything country, techno, rap rock metal ... Like i saoid in a previous post my buddy who has a 95-96 ? talon w 2 12 w3v3's was talking alot of shit because hes never heard of the copany and jl is huge.. He shut up quick and actually admitted tha it was badass.. Now i got him on the verge of ebay'n the w3 s for a 18 lv 4 or 2 12 lv 3s

Anywho .. Hope i didnt bash any names, or sound like i was jumping on the bandwagon , but just wanted to say that rusty has my buisness and from what i hear at LEAST 3 of my friends wanna switch, or swap there high end 4-6 hundred dollar subs just from hearing my 150 dollar sub ( 175 shipped ;) )

Edited by hzsogood

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

longer post .. Semi REVIEW post ;)

Wow i didnt even catch that anyone was posting in this thread lol.. Thanks for the replies tho guys..

Just a few quick things.. Ive had 3 setups in the past 5-6 years..

1 12w7 off a 1000/1

1 12 re sx off a memphis mc1000d

2-12 dc lv 3's

As much as i love the dc's ( and i will be buying them again very soon ;) ) obviously there not a w7.. But then again i could buy 4 of them with amps to give them rms power for the same price as 1 12 w7 at retail..

the w7 was imo worth the money, i mean it was sooo smooth, tight n responsive and hit lows better than any other single 12 ive ever heard, and ive heard alot , kickers, sounsplinter, rf, re, jl, jbl, id ( id love to hear the q's and the new xxx ) all in good installs.. but the w7 will always get hated on cuz its a jl, overpriced , overrated etc

Basically what im getting at is that the w7 should not be even compared to the lv3s as an overall, the lv3s should at MOST be compared to a w3 orr w6 which i think retail is about 250 more than a lv3.

My re was nice but could never get good numbers 140.x ( i cant even remember exactly ) and never hit the lows like the w7 but took a beating from hell

The dc s i am so impressed by i cant even tell ya, For what i paid for these subs i really cant think of a better bang for the buck.. Im not talking just sounding good, but doing it while getting loud . I threw a single 12 in one of my old 2^3 boxes i had layin around and ran it off 2 ohm on the memphis ( which i believe is 600 watts ) and it sounded great ..

Complete honesty it sounded louder and cleaner than the re off near double the power , but was not a w7 low end, and overall sq.. But what do you expect its basically 1/5th the price.. Ouput was very good ( never put it on the rta ) but sounded very good.. and loud..

As for the 2 of them off the 1000d it sounds great on every type of music and i listen to everything country, techno, rap rock metal ... Like i saoid in a previous post my buddy who has a 95-96 ? talon w 2 12 w3v3's was talking alot of shit because hes never heard of the copany and jl is huge.. He shut up quick and actually admitted tha it was badass.. Now i got him on the verge of ebay'n the w3 s for a 18 lv 4 or 2 12 lv 3s

Anywho .. Hope i didnt bash any names, or sound like i was jumping on the bandwagon , but just wanted to say that rusty has my buisness and from what i hear at LEAST 3 of my friends wanna switch, or swap there high end 4-6 hundred dollar subs just from hearing my 150 dollar sub ( 175 shipped ;) )

hz, those numbers from the level 3 was with the 2 10's correct??

you just now sent them to be reconed to 12's right???

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

no bro .. i just got the lv3's about 4 days ago.. broke em in , in about 6 minutes :D j/k if rustys watching .. Ordered 2 12lv 3's .. Sorry if i said 10's :unsure:

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

well, damn, i have no clue where i got you had tens from.

my b bryan.

RUSTY PMING YOU :D

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

eh it happens i just need an suv like all the big boys lol.. Actually i really cant tell u how good i do in this completely stock electrical no dynomat grand am.. I swear early to mid 90s grand ams have a magic trunk lol