hello, my name is matt. i just wanted to introduce myself. i dont have much of a system right now but im tryin to find somethin better. i only have 2 kicker solobaric 12's. the old round style. what would be best to get in 2 15's for a 99 explorer?

2004 explorer xlt

HU: Alpine iva-w505

mids/highs: stock

Sub amp: american bass vfl200.1

Sub: dd9515

refs: t-roy

437728938.png

Well is 20% product 80%install. So you could do cheap subs and build a great box. Or could buy expensive subs and build a great box. But building a good box involves time and alot of patience! On subs tho you could spend anywhere from $40-$1000+ for 2 good 15s lol. Id look into DC subs. They had a test a few days ago and the were louder than RE MTs. Thats a very good thing. So send Rusty a pm and see what he can do for you. I have yahoo and aim if you need any advice. yahoo= hypeand1 and aim=sofuntobelazy

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

not allowed to guess your DB on SMD lol you have to do the build and meter it on your own. Id say 2 lvl4 15s in a good box and proper power would be loud enough for a newb : )~.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

oh ok. im still learnin around here. ive listend to some loud systems before. so the louder the better.lol

Edited by 99explorer

2004 explorer xlt

437728938.png

yeah dont ask the DB question. TOO many factors come into play. it's near impossible to guess, and if you go lower you'll just be disappointed. there's a guy on here that has half the power, half the cone area (2 subs instead of 4) and he hits 3db's higher on the meter. derrick you bastard! :) so ima rebuild my box a couple times, hell might even cut down to 2 15's myself.

i sent rusty a message. just waiting on a reply. thats basiclly what i was lookin for. the only thing im gonna have a problem with is building the box.

2004 explorer xlt

437728938.png