Home Theater In A Box?

• 3 weeks later...

onkyo make some great value stuff on the lower end but i will attest to their speakers being complete garbage. right now I have a 6.1 home theater in a box from them, the reciever is amazing considering the price (i got it as a return at best buy, 300 bux for everything), the subs sucks at high volume but is fine for games and movies, and the processing rocks as far as dolby and such, especially with the digital link to an xbox360. the speakers dont last 10 minutes on high volume though, I have a box full of blown ones. the reviever is rated for 100 watts a channel and I believe it, but the speakers it comes with are 110 max and just blow out. Im kind of in the process of piecing in new speakers, just put polk audio monitors in the front and Im looking for a new sub right now. In my opinion if you get a nice yamaha reciever and something along the lines of a 5.1 klipsch set thats the best bang for your buck.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC