if i were to do 2 runs of wire and the front battery is 13 feet away from the 2 batteries in the rear would that be 104' of 0 guage wire i need?

well considering the 13 ft might not count the curves. i'd do 15, 2 runs is 30 ft. and hell you got enough to do a total of four runs (60ft ..... 2 positive and 2 negative)

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

1 more question just to make sure, is that 60' per battery? so i would need 120' total of 0 guage wiring for 2 batteries?

I just took out both of my 0 gauge runs from my Escalade. I would measure them but you might have to wait till tomorrow. Remember you have to fuse twice, so about 12 inches from fuses blocks alone.

teamsundown-1.jpg

i have 60' of 0 guage right now which i was hoping was enough for 1 run, but a few people told me to do 2 runs..and im having the shop do it for me so i just want to buy the right amount..

i think you're getting confused (or am I). anyways if you have 13 ft from the underhood to rear battery ............... let's just say 15 ft to be on the safe side. 2 runs of + to the back is 30 ft, 2 runs of - to the back is another 30 ft thus making 30ft + 30ft = 60ft. so that's a total of four runs. now i'm sure your amp(s) will be near the battery and they wil accomodate a couple of feet if not a few. so 70 ft should do ya (i'm sure you might have different color jackets on the 1/0 gauge so let's say 35ft of red or blue for + and 35 ft of black or silver for -). if you happen to have more than that on hand, well save it for when you go bigger or send it to my house.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i think you're getting confused (or am I). anyways if you have 13 ft from the underhood to rear battery ............... let's just say 15 ft to be on the safe side. 2 runs of + to the back is 30 ft, 2 runs of - to the back is another 30 ft thus making 30ft + 30ft = 60ft. so that's a total of four runs. now i'm sure your amp(s) will be near the battery and they wil accomodate a couple of feet if not a few. so 70 ft should do ya (i'm sure you might have different color jackets on the 1/0 gauge so let's say 35ft of red or blue for + and 35 ft of black or silver for -). if you happen to have more than that on hand, well save it for when you go bigger or send it to my house.

ya you got it right..i had it a completly different way..i was fortunate to have a member of another forum make this for me..

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/attachment.p...mp;d=1210303051

so i gotta pick up another kicker pkd1 0 guage kit..no biggie they are cheap only $85..lol

Archived