slowfkncar Posted January 7, 2020 Report Posted January 7, 2020 If you really insist on running the rear 6x9's you could always series parallel the tweets into a 4 ohm 2 channel load.
jnasty Posted January 7, 2020 Report Posted January 7, 2020 I agree with mrskippy, those rear speakers might hurt your soundstage.. buttt I've heard of people delaying their rears 20-25ms (Haas effect) which sometimes makes the front stage better.but I haven't experimented. Also, no need to use up 2 outputs for your substage. You've got plenty of options with 8ch outputs Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0 Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director
Freddboi Posted January 8, 2020 Author Report Posted January 8, 2020 Thank you MrSkippyJ I appreciate your advice. I now feel confident enough to start this project. I’m going to figure out what I want to do with the rear speakers and tweeters though. Would I be able to run them off a two channel amp that’s capable of 1 ohm? Can I put them on any amp that’s capable of 1 ohm or are there certain amps that can do that? I’ve always seen guys run all these mids and highs speakers off of mono block amps and I never understood how that is done?
417ls7ss Posted January 15, 2020 Report Posted January 15, 2020 We use full range monoblocks.20hz-20khz...obviously you need a crossover caliber,and u dont get stereo...meaning driver door mids on one amp,passenger door mids on another that way you can still balance and fade.unless you can find a full range 2ch mono
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.