Nothing new yet, all the 1/0 arrived, I still have no clue what to do about wire connections, I want polished battery terminals, need lottsa ring connectors, and guess I'll be soldering them with a butane torch.

I am making 2 fiberglass battery holders now. turns out the kinetik batteries are too tall for PT cruisers, so the factory battery tray will go in favor of a fiberglass one.

I thought I was progressing pretty well, until I started to list out all the wire connectors needed, and got lost looking for battery terminals that might work with my factory wires.

**That gauge that I use to monitor my alt and battery is an Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge. ~$225. It displays anything that is on the OBDII connector under the dash, and is also a shift light/performance meter. The other one is a built in radar detector, Whistler Fusion.

If all goes well with the battery holders, I'll post pics this weekend.

I did post vids of my previous system on the vids section, but no one was impressed!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=24806

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Looks sweet. I wanted to do something big but I just dont want to give up my back window. How did yo get the polyfill to not come out thought the port?

I have a camera in the rear to see behind the car, and will never compete so I was free to build what I wanted.

Remember that my build is low power and not SPL related, there just wont be enough pressure to blow polyfill. A piece of chicken wire could be used I guess.

I've stuffed ports in the past and never had the polyfill blow out through them.

My demand for 8 subs left me ~1 cu ft per 4 subs short on airspace, raising the tune to 38hz, so I used the stuffing to try to fool the subs into thinking that they get that extra space.

I just don't see it being powerful enough to blow polyfill. If it can, it'll make a great video, and I'll put some chicken wire in them.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few details done....

Pulled the Alpine and put the Jensen screen back in, and added two drawer pulls to the trim panel on each side of the headunit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added some brushed stainless steel bars along the sub chamber...no function- just for looks- to break up all the gray color....(and a coat hook for those bad weather days....see I'm practical too, I gotta have a wall, but still need to use the car daily, rain or sun! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

And wire arrived from Knuconcepts, its the 1/0 and 8 gauge KLM wire...still waiting on ring connectors....got the RCAs from Darvex.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

** Working a few problems, I was testing the Kicker midbasses off the headunit with all crossovers in place and one went bad on me. My theory is that I was testing with the factory wiring still inplace and it when I disconnected the crossover it was still playing full range, so I may have burned it. I discovered that Selenium also has a line of 4-ohm car audio speakers, so I ordered a pair of their midbasses to replace the Kickers. I also found another PT Cruiser owner with a Kinetik battery up front, that sent me some pics on the bracket that he made. So I am still working on a way to fit the battery underhood. I also found that my Soundstream EQ is "up to 10 volts input and output" so it will only pass along the 2v signal which both my headunits have, so I ordered a new Eclipse head unit! I also found a great deal on a Soundstream 7" monitor to replace my rearview mirror with on sale at Frys. I'll use it for my backup camera and PS2 for videogames and DVD.

Thats it for today, slowly but surely, if I can get the 1/0 and batteries in next weekend, might be up and running within 2 weeks if all goes well!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I got a little side tracked from the wiring....I was at Frys looking for some ring connectors and came across this Soundstream 7" monitor for $49, turns out they only had 3 left and the manager kept two for himself and wanted to get rid of the last one, so I bought it, used a quick plexiglass piece for an adaptor and made a mirror mount for it to use with my rear camera, and Playstation2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

UPS guy brought the new Selenium midbasses!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also found a "new old stock" Eclipse CD7000 for $249.00 so I went ahead and ordered it! It'll help me go active front stage in the future and has auto-eq via microphone.

Posted Image

This weekend I gotta get the terminals done, and figure out some more on installing the front Kinetik.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

it's coming along!! sweet bro!

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

Archived