ptcary Posted September 5, 2008 Author Report Posted September 5, 2008 You definitely need more power. Although, I can't judge loudness via camera mic. It does look aesthetically pleasing though. ....he doesn't sound happy... I told you guys this is a low powered setup, these subs would only handle twice what I'm running to them now. It's way more than I have ever run before, and easily met my expectations; even if it is well below the power of the SMD norm. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted September 5, 2008 Author Report Posted September 5, 2008 A test of the overall setup with some oooooold Pet Shop Boys (hey, I'm an eighties kinda guy!).... FYI....Eclipse head units have volume range of 0-80 that's why I can turn it up as high as 65 on regular music, 53 on rap music. Oh and some CHP buzzin the door..... My Duck vid, yes the car is sealed up, that is how loud 450w rms to the mids and highs gets through!..... PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
kylecm85 Posted September 5, 2008 Report Posted September 5, 2008 great build man have been watching it for awhile now ad have to say it turned out very nice sounds like your highs keep up very well. 94 lincoln mark viii h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon comps: alpine type x amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004 sub:2 DC lv4 12 wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp myspace.com/kylecm85 carstereolexington.com
Sampsonite Posted September 5, 2008 Report Posted September 5, 2008 I told you guys this is a low powered setup, these subs would only handle twice what I'm running to them now. It's way more than I have ever run before, and easily met my expectations; even if it is well below the power of the SMD norm. Don't matter... I still voted you, sotm --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
BigPimpin91 Posted September 5, 2008 Report Posted September 5, 2008 It doesn't matter what I think at all. You love it, what the hell can I do to take that away from you? Nothing. I am in no way hating on the system. I do like the overall design and execution though. Work looks topnotch even down to the finest detail. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
ptcary Posted September 5, 2008 Author Report Posted September 5, 2008 No problem, I have just been waiting for the "more power needed" posts for a few months now. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
truck_buster23 Posted September 5, 2008 Report Posted September 5, 2008 I think you have done a EXCELLENT job! I was just looking at these subs last night I was gonna buy 6 just because they are so cheap. congrats on a great build Eclipse Hifonics Alpine Kinetik Optima Excessive Amperage alt
ptcary Posted September 6, 2008 Author Report Posted September 6, 2008 Thanks guys, it was a long process, sometimes fun and sometimes frustrating. I was sure that I wanted a few things to remain loyal to Steves design, like the mirrors, but had to do something different like the grab bars. It changed as I learned new stuff along the way. I have not found any weaknesses in it yet. It does exactly what it was designed to do, be a loud daily driver, music only, no SPL runs in the plans. I still have a lot of tuning to go, have to hide some of the wires up front, add a Kinetik battery charger, and make some covers to go in between the amplifers to hide their wiring. I plan to bypass the second EQ in the rear footwell tomorrow, mainly to see if it will completely eliminate the slight hiss that remains. I also want to see how the overall sound is with just the EQ in the headunit. After all is done stereo wise, I will get back to modding the car in general. I have a set of H&R lowering springs and Stoptech brakes waiting to be installed, and plan to do a lot of maintenance items over the winter months. Future plans also include a 2006 PT center console and some aftermarket seats, I also have to get the rear rollpan painted. ....so the process will continue. I will be here on SMD everyday, but probably won't be posting as much, I won't have any more construction questions for you guys, but might have a few electrical questions as time goes by. Thanks to all you guys for helping me along the way! Especially Steve letting me copy his design, and not kicking me to the curb for even asking to do so! Thanks for all the SOTM votes, too, that I even got nominated was a great honor to me! Now everybody get back to work on the builds so I can now sit back and watch! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
BigPimpin91 Posted September 6, 2008 Report Posted September 6, 2008 Now everybody get back to work on the builds so I can now sit back and watch! LoLSomething in the works. Ya'll going to have to wait for Christmas. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
BigPimpin91 Posted September 6, 2008 Report Posted September 6, 2008 Damn PT, who did you tell about the song? I have 45 Downloads on that bitch already. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.