warriorxx6 Posted March 7, 2009 Report Posted March 7, 2009 hey man it is really nice install i wish i can do a wall in my car but its not mine but i am look to get an use one though. also i have pm'ed you for something else if u dont get them then i can send u another one.
ptcary Posted March 8, 2009 Author Report Posted March 8, 2009 What an AWESOME day! I met up with my buddy to get the MLA module in and we also finished the Big 3 and replaced the starter to battery (+) wire too, which turned out to be the most work. The MLA module is in and working great! I am seeing 14.6v and can not get it dip below 14.3v at full blast. I got proof that the amp is putting out more now, cause I saw the clipping light on the remote gain knob flash, so I will have to lower the gain at the amp tomorrow. My buddy also had a pair of the PT Cruiser Q-Logic kick panels in his garage that I can buy from him and use my extra set of MB-Quart components in! ....and when I get home, the mailman had brought me two more goodies! I bought a pair of Piloti shoes from a fellow PT owner brand new for $50, and a chrome console trim that is normally unobtainable from another with a wrecked PT! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif What a freakin long hard day working on the PT since 10am with a lunch break at Chili's, but a damn good day, too. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
zfrerichs Posted March 8, 2009 Report Posted March 8, 2009 how hard was it to put the mla in, did you have to splice anything? i have a mopar as well Roseville, CA
ptcary Posted March 8, 2009 Author Report Posted March 8, 2009 how hard was it to put the mla in, did you have to splice anything? i have a mopar as well Not hard at all, yours might be a direct plugin. PT Cruiser's are not and I knew this from MLA up front. We only had to locate the one wire in the harness that runs from the underhood fuse block up to the PCM on the firewall, cut it and attach both ends to the MLA, and then ground the MLA to metal. That is it, 3 wire connections, and Chris sends them with extra wires and a diagram to make it easier. Most Chyrslers sit at 13.6v, and with this "mild" module, it now sits at ~14.6v. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
zfrerichs Posted March 8, 2009 Report Posted March 8, 2009 lol on my dakota all i can get out of it is 13.8 volts at 2000 rpm without nothin on with a 220 amp alt Roseville, CA
LoudBlazer Posted March 8, 2009 Report Posted March 8, 2009 Oh you do still have the 12s. I guess I been thinking bout the OTHER PT cruiser lol. I just watched your vid, very nice. 1997 2 Door Blazer Bagged & Body Dropped SBC/TH350
ptcary Posted March 8, 2009 Author Report Posted March 8, 2009 Oh you do still have the 12s. I guess I been thinking bout the OTHER PT cruiser lol. I just watched your vid, very nice. Thanks man, yep....there will be no replacing this wall, it's pretty permanent and solid! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted March 8, 2009 Author Report Posted March 8, 2009 Back at work on the doors, mounted the drivers side pod, then went a head and put the speakers in to get the holes drilled for them and see how they look. I just gotta decide on how to run the wire on the crossovers and what color wire to use, too! Raamat Ensolite pad on the back: Drivers door mounted: Speakers mounted, no wiring yet: Added the chrome trim to the console: Big 3 and MLA module done! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
CrashHole Posted March 8, 2009 Report Posted March 8, 2009 Nice work PT. You have to have the cleanest PT in your city by now lol. No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit. 99 Tahoe: 2-10" MA Audio 4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers Total Amp Sony HU
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.