ptcary Posted April 22, 2010 Author Report Posted April 22, 2010 How do you plan to hook up the BT? Are you running an external relay? That specific unit will not work through an all amplifier system. You have to modify it to work through your amps. I am in the process of putting one in as well that's why I am asking. If you want to know how I am doing it just let me know I can send you some links. Looks good with everything else I'll PM ya for info. Here is my theory/hope.... It seems to work through the speaker outputs, probably the front drivers side. I run my center channel speakers off of the head units speaker level outputs with no amplification. I am hoping it will work through my center speaker. I'll find out this weekend. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted April 24, 2010 Author Report Posted April 24, 2010 I'll PM ya for info. Here is my theory/hope.... It seems to work through the speaker outputs, probably the front drivers side. I run my center channel speakers off of the head units speaker level outputs with no amplification. I am hoping it will work through my center speaker. I'll find out this weekend. Just a quick f/u to report the bluetooth does work fine with my center channel speakers that are NOT amplified and are connected direct to the front channel outputs of the head unit. It will still mute the amplifiers when it is operating, too. Works great so far. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted April 25, 2010 Author Report Posted April 25, 2010 Saturday night update, worked all day -even skipped a car show for this! Well everything is up and running minus the a-pillar pods, I am leaving them out so I can pull the dashtop and center speaker out to rewire them. Some more pics: All wired up and clean looking, too! Wire covers in place: Fans run with the wireless remote: Not sure if I want carpeted covers below the amps/eq, and the over the batteries to hide the wiring there or not. The mount for the 7" screen out back in the hatch, another grab bar and a LED light that will be on another channel of the wireless remote: Long week getting this done, and back to work next week, will post pics of the pillars in another few days. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
may03LT Posted April 25, 2010 Report Posted April 25, 2010 Updates, woohoo. Looking good man. The radio bezel turned out nice.
ptcary Posted April 25, 2010 Author Report Posted April 25, 2010 Thanks for the posts and the PM's too. It is so much cleaner looking than the way it was before with everything in the rear footwells. Here are a few more pics. Pillars are back in: After seeing carpeted console panels in my friends PT, they looked so much better than my suede ones, I am starting to replace all mine now: New home for the Soundstream 7" monitor in back. This is my next project area, I am fiberglassing two pods for MbQuart components on each side of the monitor and carpeted trim panels from the wall to the car. Here is what doors look like now, new ones coming. And I have found a local shop with a TermLab, so the PT will be getting metered once everything is done this time! By removing an old bass cut knob that was in there, and running new RCA's directly to the sub amp, the subs are significantly louder now. I am going to tune it with "that other" SPL meter, then run it on the TermLab. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 25, 2010 Report Posted April 25, 2010 Waits for numbers and drools over build. Those Eclipse amps are sexy!!! 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
ptcary Posted April 30, 2010 Author Report Posted April 30, 2010 Getting started on some pods for the rear of the wall. Each side will be 3-way passive from the two leftover channels of my rear amp through Audiopipe passive 3-way crossovers. Selenium 8" midbass, 6" midrange, and 1" tweeters. The 7" monitor will eventually be replaced with something a little bigger. Below the crossovers in the middle will be a PS2 and an secondary Eclipse headunit. The charger is staying put, unless I can get great deal on a Powermaster charger and take it apart like Steve did in the Hoopty. Yeah, I used unbacked carpet cause I had extra laying around and I knew it would soak up a lot of resin, I don't need these extremely strong, but now I can get away with less cloth glassed onto them. They will get covered in grey carpet to match the a-pillars and door panels. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted May 7, 2010 Author Report Posted May 7, 2010 Some progress....2 pods are in, still have to fiberglass the other two, had to rethink the layout a little cause the hatch has to close properly! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
fecupe2001 Posted May 7, 2010 Report Posted May 7, 2010 Damn!! very clean install dude, love that car!! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.