Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 Vs. Dc Lvl 4

He's called kicker tons of times, i don't really care what you say. He was so pissed he put the phone on speaker and asked the guy again. "Noone's gotten to it". 90% of the time we call during buisness hours kicker doesn't answer anyway. It lost kicker interest in several i knew that aspired to owning kicker product. He sent it back with all information that they said was needed, including the reciept, and has yet to get it back. It's not my friends fault by any means and i don't care what you say, any company will say they have "this service," but it takes that dedication to their customers to live up to it.

then again, you could be spouting off nonesense, PROVE it, give me his RMA number, and i will tell you what happened. We have live people, live receptionist, live warranty people, and we get great revues on warranty.

IF he didn't get it back, trust me, soemthing is wrong, period.

I know the procedures.

Did HE send it in himself, if so, he has the RMA, or did he have a dealer send it?

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

I have dealt with Kicker since 1998 and have not had any of the issues anyone here is talking about.

I do deal with them direct though.

Now when I was younger and would take something to the shop I purchased it from I always had issues.

They always wanted to have enough product to send back before they would send my stuff in for warranty. witch is bull shit.

Thats why I always deal with Kicker direct and they have done way more for me than what they should have.

Above and beyond the call of duty.

Thats 10 years worth of dealing with Kicker, not just once or twice. Quite a few times and a few of those times it was my fault and they were still great to me.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i might get flamed for saying this but hey its my opinion..lol i would guess the L7 would be louder but the lvl4 would sound better while still being loud..quality wise i have heard that L7's have a tendency to blow or pop and have not read a single bad thing about DC..also ive noticed you get better customer service from the smaller companies then you do from the big name brand guys..

any woofer can blow, there is not extra assurance any L7 or L5 has a tendency to blow any easier than any other sub.

Customer service can be had with large companies,

IE Honda

I have dealt with Kicker since 1998 and have not had any of the issues anyone here is talking about.

I do deal with them direct though.

Now when I was younger and would take something to the shop I purchased it from I always had issues.

They always wanted to have enough product to send back before they would send my stuff in for warranty. witch is bull shit.

Thats why I always deal with Kicker direct and they have done way more for me than what they should have.

Above and beyond the call of duty.

Thats 10 years worth of dealing with Kicker, not just once or twice. Quite a few times and a few of those times it was my fault and they were still great to me.

exactly.

99% of the emails or calls I get, is they took it to a dealer, dealer has to pay freight, which he's not too happy about, so he will hold it, for days, weeks, or months!

Once an RMA is given, unless you send it in direct, means nothing if you take it to a dealer. He will ship it when he is ready.

I see warranty unloaded at 9am here, and we ship most back out, new stock, same day before 6pm when we go home.

I personally don't care, and have nothing to prove either way. I don't care for the kicker brand anyway, feel free to not write back because i have nothing else to discuss.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

I have destoyed the spiders in L7s about 3 times that was my fualt to much boost at 45 hertz.

But out of all the L7s I have owned I have never,never blown a single one.

I have had a set of every L7 10s ever produced. Never blown one yet. But I did used to tare the spiders out of them and Kicker replaced a couple of those for free too.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I personally don't care, and have nothing to prove either way. I don't care for the kicker brand anyway, feel free to not write back because i have nothing else to discuss.

when you slam someones warranty, or procedures, at least have the info to back it up.

Otherwise, it's not valid, or worthy of posting.

All I was saying is give ME the info, I will find out and post any findings, even if we are at fault.

We are not perfect, but kind of would like to investigate what/when/why, rather than assume everything I read on the net.

Haha yeah. I tried to tell my buddy who runs one 12" L7 about DC the other day. He was like "Dude, you know why i have heard of these brands? Cause they all suck!" I got a big grin on my face when he also stated "My 12 would kill one of those no name poop subs" .. just wait and see bro =]

Times Motherfucking 2.

Funny thing is, the buddy of mine who used to think this way now wants an RE SX 18. :rolleyes:

HAHA hell yeah!

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

I loved my DC level 4's with the level 5 coils. I sent them back to Rusty and he is reconing them into 12's for me for free. They were orgionally 10's, but I decided I have enough room for 12's and he said he would do it no problem. He should be getting them tomorrow I guess. I can't wait to get them back and put into the new box I just built for them.

Archived