Jump to content

Daily Driver Civic System


Recommended Posts

Posted

Might as well start off and say I've never really built any sort of system before besides just swapping the door speakers and sub in my suburban. One of my uncles used to have a system in his avalanche and he recently gave me his old stuff to clear up room in his house. Got a set of Infinity Kappa 5 1/4's (components and coaxials), 2 Infinity Kappa 12.1 subs, alpine 4 channel amp, MTX mono amp, and some other misc stuff. 

On to the civic now, it's just a daily so this isn't going to be a crazy build, but rather enough to make it decent on my commute and drive to a from college.

Doors and rear deck have some RF Prime 6.5's and just recently swapped the head-unit to a Pioneer 2550NEX which really woke the RF's up but its still lacking in the bass department. My thought since its a daily and trunk space is still sorta important, I was planning on building a 1.75 cu.ft ported box to have some low end without rattling the car apart but we all know things snowball into bigger projects

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome

 

Subboxcad.thumb.JPG.985e521969e0d7298ba6eff13ec0c2a9.JPG

Here's what I have for a box (3/4 MDF, SMD terminal cup on the left side, according to winISD and some math, it should be tuned to ~38 hz. It will have bracing in the corners but I got lazy and didn't feel like taking the time to put them in the drawing. 

 

Hoping to get it put together and in the car in the next couple weeks but this virus might slow things down

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 4/1/2020 at 7:20 PM, eand28 said:

It ain’t much but I think it’s decent for the first time building a box

FAD7A77C-99A0-4718-8216-3CDE791B4EA5.jpeg

99A0A243-5E5E-4AF8-965F-E6F8A5275C4A.jpeg

First time building? Looks pretty damn good man! I think it looks awesome, especially those terminals.

23 minutes ago, eand28 said:

Excuse the mess but running power wire in small cars isn’t fun. 

1DEC27CD-C90A-41CB-886C-2999F423E7C8.jpeg

No it is not, especially these civics. I had to pull all my interior out to run my two runs of 1/0

tumblr_p8ldyewhim1xsodn1o5_540.jpgtumblr_p8ldyewhim1xsodn1o3_540.jpg

 

My advice is to get you a good set of panel tools.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EXZKHWI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

And a clip remover. This one is the best except for tight areas you will need something else. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LWS2H6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For tighter areas try this: https://www.amazon.com/ARES-Ergonomic-Plastic-Fastener-Fasteners/dp/B0779KWP8J/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=clip+remover&qid=1586647436&sr=8-10#customerReviews

 

 

Posted
On 4/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Joshdashef said:

First time building? Looks pretty damn good man! I think it looks awesome, especially those terminals.

No it is not, especially these civics. I had to pull all my interior out to run my two runs of 1/0

tumblr_p8ldyewhim1xsodn1o5_540.jpgtumblr_p8ldyewhim1xsodn1o3_540.jpg

 

My advice is to get you a good set of panel tools.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EXZKHWI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

And a clip remover. This one is the best except for tight areas you will need something else. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LWS2H6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For tighter areas try this: https://www.amazon.com/ARES-Ergonomic-Plastic-Fastener-Fasteners/dp/B0779KWP8J/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=clip+remover&qid=1586647436&sr=8-10#customerReviews

 

 

Yeah it wasn’t fun trying to get it ran with wiring on the drivers side. Ended up fitting it inside the white wire covers with some persuasion. For 1 12 ran off an old mtx 421d it’s pretty loud. Forgot to run the remote for the amp volume so I’ll need to pull it apart again for that. Also need to figure out where to set the crossover on the amp. Got the gain roughly set via the old multimeter trick but I’ve just been guessing with the crossover. 

Posted

Need to figure out a better amp mounting solution but temporarily have it screwed to a left over piece of mdf. Thinking I could mount it behind the trunk liner on the left hand side

6261CBE8-1821-4E40-91AC-5346710D1BD6.jpeg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 10230 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...