Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everybody, i made a sketch of my set up and was just wondering if everything looked correct?

i have an ohio generator 320amp alt with the big 3 done, positive of alt to positive to battery, negative of battery to chassis, and negative battery to engine block

 

from the battery i have 0 gauge ran to a distribution block which splits into my two amps and then the two amps are grounded to the car body

 

56B9D649-E917-43AC-A49D-A9AC072979AE.jpeg

Posted

Looks fine to me. Only thing i see is if your car has a frame ground to that instead of the body.

 

Also if your amps dont have fusing built in id run a fuse between them and the distro block.

Posted
32 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Looks fine to me. Only thing i see is if your car has a frame ground to that instead of the body.

 

Also if your amps dont have fusing built in id run a fuse between them and the distro block.

Thank you, and it is grounded to the bolt that holds the back seats in...and the amps do thankfully have a built in fuse 

Posted

I would also fuse the wire from front to back at start and end.

♦ Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

♦ MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

♦ SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue)  +  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

♦ Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  +  SHCA Pro RCA 

 

Posted
On 3/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, Xdq_21X said:

Thank you, and it is grounded to the bolt that holds the back seats in...and the amps do thankfully have a built in fuse 

I've personally had issues grounding  there, and so have other people because they told me about it when I researched my problem.

 

You'll get noise through your speakers. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Ipoksmote said:

I've personally had issues grounding  there, and so have other people because they told me about it when I researched my problem.

 

You'll get noise through your speakers. 

I don’t get any noise through my speakers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...