Second Skin Audio

Need some help deciding what to go with

Alright guys, so I've upgrading my electrical in my truck- 290 amp singer alternator, xspower d6500, and big 3. All done in 1/0 wire. I've made a false floor in the back due to the floor being nowhere near level cause of the third row and all. I've got everything installed and hooked up and Oh My! What a difference! I had no idea upgrading just the electrical would make a difference like this. I'm still running the same amp (Rockville db15) but I'm gonna get another one soon. I'm also still running 4 15s (mmats procast, 600 watts per sub) but I'm planning on getting something different. These dont have much authority on the lows the way I want them to. I'm trying to get the most that I can while still keeping the back seats and having a no wall box design. I like the idea of having a really loud no wall setup while still having the backseats. With that being said, I was thinking of going with maybe 6 12s. I've already got a box designed for 6 skar evl 12s. But I'm really wanting the zvx's mainly cause they look alot more beefy. But since they require more airspace I only have enough space for 6 of those. Question is, would it be better to go with 6 zvx's or 6 (POSSIBLY 8 evls? I'm pretty sure I can fit 8 evls but I know for sure I can't fit 8 zvx's. Which would be the better setup? And also, sort of on a side note- if I do go with the evls, will I regret the decision? Will they go low and still have authority on the lows the way I want? I haven't heard neither the evls or the zvx's in person so that's why I'm asking here, hoping someone with experience can chime in.

• 2 weeks later...

8 12s is obviously going to be more cone area. I can tell you in my experience my 2 zvx 12s were louder and deeper in the same box on the same power. The audio shop I had build the trunk blew the zvxs told me they were junk left me with nothing so strapped for $ I bought the evls. I still have the blow zvxs!! 

Archived