Second Skin Audio

subwoofer doesn't seem to hit hard higher the volume

7 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

It’s true, that guy probably doesn’t know enough about car audio to run that and would clip that sub into submission. Don’t laugh. You need to pay attention and agree because from the first post the guy posted I found out about his financial situation and know how. One guy tried to get him to spend almost $1000 (when he doesn’t have the funds) to fix his problem with an alternator and battery and then you want him to spend double that (new amp, new alternator, battery) and risk the damage of his gear because he isn’t that audio inclined. You not only wanted the dude to spend funds he doesn’t have but you wanted him to risk his gear on top of that and lose money he doesn’t have. He doesn’t have the money to get the shit so why continuously throw suggestions at him that he can’t afford and doesn’t know how to do and just stick to reality and help him with what he has? There are people running dc level 5 12” subs on 1500 rms daily just fine. Like I said. Check out YouTube. 

I really appreciate you sticking up for me. 

I don't have much knowledge on the right way to setup audio systems, I just got hooked on it a few months ago after getting a skar system and that little guy bumped good but I wanted bigger and better so here I am haha.

I get paid monthly but I've mostly been putting that towards paying off my debt so whatever money I got left I put some away for maintenance but now ill put some money towards my audio, I'll probably buy that battery you posted on this next check then the next month I'll look at a higher alternator. 

So basically I can afford 1 thing a month depending on price.

Plain and simple, your electrical can't handle the amp when it is calling for big amperage.

You got 2 options.

1) big 3 is a must, 250 amp or bigger alt, 120 amp hour AGM minimum.

2) big 3 is a must. 30-45 amp hour lithium on stock alt.

Each option is going to be about equal in cost.

Around $600 give or take.

2 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Plain and simple, your electrical can't handle the amp when it is calling for big amperage.

You got 2 options.

1) big 3 is a must, 250 amp or bigger alt, 120 amp hour AGM minimum.

2) big 3 is a must. 30-45 amp hour lithium on stock alt.

Each option is going to be about equal in cost.

Around $600 give or take.

I'll finish up my big 3 either today or tomorrow but I'll probably end up doing option 1 since I planned on dual battery and bigger alt for awhile now.

Only thing is i can only find a 240 amp alt for my engine for a good price ( mechman) otherwise I came across another name dc power but haven't heard much about them for my engine (2uzfe) if they fit would modifying anything. They have 250-370 amp alt from $600-$900. If dc power is good I might go with that when the money allows but for now I can forsure do dual battery. 

Archived