Alternator Belt Recommedation?

3 hours ago, CommonSyns said:

Besides my belt, tomorrow I plan to reinstall my alternator with my new belt. I plan do do the big 3, the thing is that I have no idea what to do, I'm not replacing wires right? I am just adding wires on to the existing wires, I have a Sky High big three kit for this. 

What's still good voltage for an amp? My voltage with an XS d3400 and 275 singer alt the voltage still drops to 13.5, this happen while driving or idling. This is in a 98 TJ 5 speed. 

Just add wires. Look for the factory ground on your battery and add to it and add to the positive runs of the electrical upgrade. No need in taking anything off. Just do the big 3 and put the right pulley on that singer that came with it. And that should help the voltage. Let us know the outcome. And make sure you take that factory battery grounding point off and then clean it to bare metal then put the aftermarket ground to the bare metal and then put the factory one back on. You don’t necessarily have to put the factory one back on but it will help a tiny bit and will never hurt. Then make sure you spray oil base paint, I use clear coat because it’s cleaner, on top of the grounds and all around them to protect from rust and corrosion. Same scenario for any other grounds on an electrical upgrade. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived