Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

Hello all, was looking for some halfway decent quality coax speakers that can take some decent power on a low buck build. Was looking at the Skar audio TX line. What are your thoughts and opinions on them? Is there something else you would recommend for a similar price point(under $100 per pair)? Knowing next to nothing, they look like a great deal at $50 a pair right now. Planned on running 4 sets of 6.5's off of a skar rp 150.4.

Plus those 4 ohm speakers are only 100 rms speakers and that amp is 150 rms x 4 at 4ohms. It’s never smart to put more than rated on coaxial speakers, especially Skar coaxial speakers. Hold up and let me find you a 100rmsX4 set up...

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

12 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Plus those 4 ohm speakers are only 100 rms speakers and that amp is 150 rms x 4 at 4ohms. It’s never smart to put more than rated on coaxial speakers, especially Skar coaxial speakers. Hold up and let me find you a 100rmsX4 set up...

I just figured with running a set per channel(2 speakers loaded to 2 ohms per channel), they would see a maximum of 125 rms a piece. But thank you and I look forward to seeing what you reccomend!

I found you a good 75rmsx4 set up instead with good sound quality for a coaxial set up. 

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76891_Cerwin-Vega-V465.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.down4soundshop.com/amp/ampere-audio-aa-75-4/

1 minute ago, Superchargeme said:

I just figured with running a set per channel(2 speakers loaded to 2 ohms per channel), they would see a maximum of 125 rms a piece. But thank you and I look forward to seeing what you reccomend!

That’s still too much for to overload Skar products. Skar products are poorly built. And it was hard to find you a set up because of your budget you listed. 

Archived