Sundown Audio

Noob! Mistake! Anyway to fix?

Mick Tricky

1 hour ago, Ipoksmote said:

Be a dirtbag order a new one and return it with the broken one 

Goodluck with your problem

Lol I can’t believe you told him to do that. You’re crazy dude. That’s side ways as fugh lol but it’s also smart as fugh lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I did the same thing last week

It fucked up the amp. It came on and it had only a bit of scratchy distortion at almost Max volume, nothing else no sound. So I sent it back under warranty explaining what happened.

The shop gets it back and says it's been playing all day on the test bench fine.

But in the time being I replaced the amp out if service with a brand new one that is on the amp rack but not being used yet till I get my box built.

As I was hooking that one up to the rack that I have removed from car at the time while doing it.

I had all.amps hooked to distribution block and sliped with the hex wrench again and the little bit of power stores in the amps caps sparked when I touched the side of the amp.

The whole rest of the time I was shaking like a leaf thinking yep just completely fucked this whole build up.

Thank God when I got it powered up everything worked

You see from pic how tight it is.

After second fuck up,, I took all the tools I use for the amp rack (Allen keys, star but driver, etc) and insulated all exposed metal except for the very tips of the tools, with heat shrink and or electrical tape.

Archived