Wiring diagram

2 minutes ago, bismofunyuns said:

I see. From the reading I’ve done, it seems like adding grounds coming from the front also helps as well. Normally these grounds would come from the negative on the front battery but since I won’t have a front battery, it would just come from the alt

You can do that too. No problem. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, bismofunyuns said:

As far as running two grounds for each, it should be okay to connect both ring terminals / wires with one bolt in one location right? Or should I drill out separate holes to bolt each wire?

Same location would be easier. Either one would work. 

8 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Personally I wouldn’t run 2 negatives from the alternator ground to the battery post. To far of a ground for my taste. Ground the alternator to the frame with 2 runs. And ground the battery to the frame with 2 runs. Shorter grounds, same concept.

So basically the battery will be grounded in the back as you said, plus having grounds coming from the alt in front as well. Might be overkill or a waste, but surely couldn’t hurt right? Lol

Just now, bismofunyuns said:

So basically the battery will be grounded in the back as you said, plus having grounds coming from the alt in front as well. Might be overkill or a waste, but surely couldn’t hurt right? Lol

All the point is is to ground the battery. The alternator is already grounded to the vehicle when you bolt it on. Extra alternator grounds are to help support an upgraded electrical system. So then you would need to strengthen the alternator ground. So just do dual runs from the frame to the alternators grounding point. And then ground the battery to the chassis. No need in running 2 ground wire from front to back. 

Alright so I have the right idea, you’re just saying it’s not necessary to run the grounds from the front to back on top of already grounding the alt in the front and the battery in the rear. Just ground the alt in the front and the battery in the rear. 

I can try that, if my voltage drops too much then I think the front to back grounds on top of the existing grounds should help with that. At least that’s what I’ve concluded from my research lol

5 minutes ago, bismofunyuns said:

Alright so I have the right idea, you’re just saying it’s not necessary to run the grounds from the front to back on top of already grounding the alt in the front and the battery in the rear. Just ground the alt in the front and the battery in the rear. 

I can try that, if my voltage drops too much then I think the front to back grounds on top of the existing grounds should help with that. At least that’s what I’ve concluded from my research lol

Running wires from your negative battery post to your alternator ground is just a ground for an electrical upgrade. You can substitute that with just grounding the engine block to the frame. 

Archived