Second Skin Audio

Need help/advice on gains for my amplifier

DankMan

I have a hifonics Brutus brz1200.1D amp pushing a JL audio W7 13.5 in a custom made ported box built to JL specs and stock radio as I prefer that on my 1999 Acura RL I have my big 3 done but I need some help on which settings I should run on my amplifier.

5AAB0998-141E-4972-B55E-4EB7998A7421.jpeg

Wire the woofer low as you can above 1 ohm. Bass boost and subsonic off. Lpf set at around 60 hertz depending on preference. Set gains with dd1 or oscope. Let it rip.

Unless youll use it alot oscopes are a waste imo. The dd1 or distortion detector is sold by steve and can b had for like 200 bucks. Only problem is availability sometimes. There is a tool finder post somewhere on the forum. Maybe some1 near you would let u use theirs for free or a small fee.

3 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Unless youll use it alot oscopes are a waste imo. The dd1 or distortion detector is sold by steve and can b had for like 200 bucks. Only problem is availability sometimes. There is a tool finder post somewhere on the forum. Maybe some1 near you would let u use theirs for free or a small fee.

Guy who updates it hasn't been on the forum since 2017 but here is the link to it:

3 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Alright so I got one borrowed so now the thing is that I have to match the level with my the HU and in order to do that I would need to know the rms wattage of the amp right. Hifonics brz1200.1D It definitely is not the full 1200 rms as I have a budget “hifonics”amp stock alt. Battery. Radio. Only updrages is 4 gauge for all my wiring 100 cap kinetik battery. I forgot what ohm I have on my w7 but to be on the safer side let’s say 3 ohms

So let’s say I get 500-600 rms out of my amp so you would have to multiply that by 3 ohms right so you would get (1500 and 1800) the square root of that is (38.7 and 42.4) come to conclusion that would be one of the numbers I am looking for on my meter right with a sine wave of 50hz from JL audios help center. 

Archived