Second Skin Audio

Anyone running DB drive wdxg5?

pnutz37

What amp exactly and how many of them G5’s are you thinking about and how much are you paying for the subwoofers? If you’re planning on buying the G5’s new for regular price or around regular price then don’t do it. If you aren’t getting them subwoofers for cheap then don’t get them. They can handle rated rms but can’t handle clipping, none. Not many people run dB drive, but I have. They are good subwoofers, but not worth what dB drive, eBay or amazon charges for them. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Thanks for the reply!

I will be running 2 Hertz Hp3001 strapped at 2 ohms. Running 2 15’s. I don’t have room for more unfortunately. 

I guess would be paying retail (Would probably get a bit of a discount but  definitely not getting them cheap)

If they are fussy for clipping etc. Any suggestions for comparable subs in the power handling and performance sense. I’m trying to keep the budget reasonable. 

Thank you!  We (in Canada) don’t get to see or hear as many types of subs without them being the popular brands. Not everyone is ordering subs for this type of rms power. 

Any others that you could suggest? I do value the input. If any others that come to mind feel free to just reply with the names. I didn’t expect you to go find the deal but it’s great appreciated. 

Fi btl’s

sundown x’s

sundown zv5’s

dc audio level 5’s

psi platform 3’s

(just because some of them subwoofers say the rms rating is lower than 3000 rms doesn’t matter because all them subwoofers can handle 3000 rms daily with no problem for many years and never have a problem, especially sundown. Sundown can handle double and even triple the rated rms. All them company’s can handle more than rated rms. Good subwoofers.)

Many thanks. I do have a sundown dealer “local” that I can get the x’s or Z’s. All others I’d have to order them online and shipped. The reason I asked about the Db drive is because it seems to me one of the brands I could get through the shop I’m getting my work done at. If I have to be sure of what I’ll like and be satisfied, I’ll buy online. (My only concern is the customer service. My shop is very good for that and I wouldn’t have to wait and go through the rigmarole of returning something). I’ll be digging in on Monday to find out if they have any other options. I do like your 1st suggestion of the SSA. The website didn’t seem to be able to let me know the shipping costs so I may have to call. 

You’re welcome! And don’t let that shop fill your head saying that them sundown subwoofers can’t handle that amount of rms. They just say that to customers so the customer stays inside the warranty wattage. I have a zv5 15 now and run it at over 4500 rms and it could handle more. I have no worries. But the ssa zcons fully loaded is a sound choice and if I were running just 3000 rms, I would have a ssa zcon instead of a zv5. If that helps you any. 

Archived