Is it enough

To use a xs power d5100 as a second battery for my 2900watt total system I’ve got a 250amp alt with a wet cell under the hood. Big three 0g runs to the back for the xs battery. Or will I need to get a bigger battery. Also is it okay to leave my wet cell under the hood and run the xs in the back like that. 

Yup and yup. Just don’t play music when the car isn’t running and you will be fine. And a standard wet cell battery and an agm battery aren’t that far off in resting voltage from each other so one battery discharging the other one to equal up is minimal even if the vehicle sits for a while but if you drive the vehicle regularly then no worries.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yup and yup. Just don’t play music when the car isn’t running and you will be fine. And a standard wet cell battery and an agm battery aren’t that far off in resting voltage from each other so one battery discharging the other one to equal up is minimal even if the vehicle sits for a while but if you drive the vehicle regularly then no worries.

So I can run a 2500watt mono and a 400 watt 4 channel with 1 d5100 and a wet cell. I did the simple math 2900watt/13volt= 223amps? (13v cuz let’s face it I’m not gonna be at 14 the whole time) Is that okay to do with a 250amp alt due to my electrical of the car needs some of that. Granted my canyon is basic as it gets no power anything so prob doesn’t need much right?

37 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

So I can run a 2500watt mono and a 400 watt 4 channel with 1 d5100 and a wet cell. I did the simple math 2900watt/13volt= 223amps? (13v cuz let’s face it I’m not gonna be at 14 the whole time) Is that okay to do with a 250amp alt due to my electrical of the car needs some of that. Granted my canyon is basic as it gets no power anything so prob doesn’t need much right?

Your amp isn’t pulling that many amps. After impedance rise and voltage drop, that 2500 watt amp is putting out about half the watts and will decrease the amperage and the fact that you’re listening to music instead of test tones will decrease the amperage too. When amperage is measured on an amp they play it at the lowest ohm load it’s rated for and they play a test tone that pulls a lot of current, more than music would ever pull. Google impedance rise and the difference in current pull in music and test tone frequencies. I don’t feel like typing a book report right now lol! Long story short dude, you’re good. Trust me.

14 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Your amp isn’t pulling that many amps. After impedance rise and voltage drop, that 2500 watt amp is putting out about half the watts and will decrease the amperage and the fact that you’re listening to music instead of test tones will decrease the amperage too. When amperage is measured on an amp they play it at the lowest ohm load it’s rated for and they play a test tone that pulls a lot of current, more than music would ever pull. Google impedance rise and the difference in current pull in music and test tone frequencies. I don’t feel like typing a book report right now lol! Long story short dude, you’re good. Trust me.

I made a typo on the first sentence. Instead of “Your amp is it” I meant to type, “Your amp isn’t”.

49 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

So based on what you said then my skar skv2 2500.1 would not be enough to power two skar evl 15” each rated at 1250rms? Would I need to get the 3500.1instead?

I would spend less money than that and get a better suited amp, a taramps smart 3, that puts out 3000 rms at 1 ohm and 2 ohms at 12.6 volts so impedance rise and voltage drop is cancelled out some. Don’t get me wrong, the skv2 amps are good amps for sure, but there is a better amp suited for them subwoofers and it’s only like $280. Check out a taramps smart 3. Plus them Skar evl’s can handle more than 1250 rms. So that smart 3 would be ideal for them evl’s. 

13 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would spend less money than that and get a better suited amp, a taramps smart 3, that puts out 3000 rms at 1 ohm and 2 ohms at 12.8 volts so impedance rise and voltage drop is cancelled out some. Don’t get me wrong, the skv2 amps are good amps for sure, but there is a better amp suited for them subwoofers and it’s only like $280. Check out a taramps smart 3. Plus them Skar evl’s can handle more than 1250 rms. So that smart 3 would be ideal for them evl’s. 

So does that mean at 12.8v I get 3000w and any higher voltage would just translate to more watts and less amperage draw? And I’m pretty set on the evls so would that taramp smart 3 be enough or should I go bigger if even possible. Sorry for all the questions kinda noob when it comes to this much power I really appreciate the help

38 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would spend less money than that and get a better suited amp, a taramps smart 3, that puts out 3000 rms at 1 ohm and 2 ohms at 12.6 volts so impedance rise and voltage drop is cancelled out some. Don’t get me wrong, the skv2 amps are good amps for sure, but there is a better amp suited for them subwoofers and it’s only like $280. Check out a taramps smart 3. Plus them Skar evl’s can handle more than 1250 rms. So that smart 3 would be ideal for them evl’s. 

Also with that taramp smart 3 and my 4 channel and the xsd5100 and a 250amp alt i should be good right no strain on my electrical?

I meant to say 12.6 volts and yeah that taramps smart 3 will be enough. If I had them subwoofer I would put them on a smart 3. For sure. No second guessing, I would jump with that smart 3 and not any higher or lower. Plus it has a clip meter in the front of the amp so it’s super easy to set the gain at the right spot. When the clip sensor turns on, turn the gain down. Tune the amp at the highest volume you listen to or full volume. Tune it to a 40hz test tone and turn the gain slowly up until the sensor goes off and when it goes off, turn back a little on the gain until it goes off and your amp is tuned. Easy as that.

Archived