2017 f250 6.7 Big 3 wiring help

I’m hoping one of you guys on here can help me out with doing the big 3 on my truck. I searched online, but couldn’t find an answer to my questions. I have a 2017 f250 6.7 diesel with dual batteries and dual alternators. I’m currently running 0ga wire from the passenger side battery to the rear for my amps(dc audio 1.2k and 90.4), but I want to run 0ga wire from the alternators to the batteries and run 0ga from the driver side battery to the passenger side battery also. So my questions are, can I run new wire from each alternator to the battery that the stock wires are running to? Then can I connect the positive from the driver side to the passenger side battery ? I seen on a forum someone talking about the alternators alternate between each other for whatever reason, but I’m not to sure about that. I watched Steve Meade do his truck(same as mine) and he didn’t connect the batteries together or wire up the second alternator either. Maybe he one has one alternator but I’m pretty sure all the diesels come with dual alternators. Any help would be greatly appreciated and stay safe out there fellas 

It’s the same scenario as running more than one alternator and running extra batteries in the rear like a lot of big systems have. The alternators are running in unison, so just do a regular big 3 upgrade. But it wouldn’t hurt to connect the batteries too and run each battery to each alternator even though they are in unison, it will increase current capabilities and charging capabilities. Do dual runs on the block to chassis ground though. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, Never2Loud said:

I’m hoping one of you guys on here can help me out with doing the big 3 on my truck. I searched online, but couldn’t find an answer to my questions. I have a 2017 f250 6.7 diesel with dual batteries and dual alternators. I’m currently running 0ga wire from the passenger side battery to the rear for my amps(dc audio 1.2k and 90.4), but I want to run 0ga wire from the alternators to the batteries and run 0ga from the driver side battery to the passenger side battery also. So my questions are, can I run new wire from each alternator to the battery that the stock wires are running to? Then can I connect the positive from the driver side to the passenger side battery ? I seen on a forum someone talking about the alternators alternate between each other for whatever reason, but I’m not to sure about that. I watched Steve Meade do his truck(same as mine) and he didn’t connect the batteries together or wire up the second alternator either. Maybe he one has one alternator but I’m pretty sure all the diesels come with dual alternators. Any help would be greatly appreciated and stay safe out there fellas 

Yes. You can. You have the right idea. Run with it. Make sure you add extra 0 gauge grounds to the factory battery grounds. Clean of the factory ground spot first with sandpaper or a wire brush to bare metal because the factory doesn’t do that and the connections are poor. Put the after market ground on first then put the factory ground back on top. And don’t forget to run dual grounds from block to chassis, preferably in the same location as the factor block to chassis ground. Done and done. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived