Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to purchase a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Fully loaded with the navi and stereo package and a few other options. It comes with a 9 speaker Alpine system with a 8" sub-woofer in the rear trunk. The setup I have in my car right now is 2 10" JL Audio W6v3 ported on a JL Audio 1200/1 HD. I was thinking of carrying that setup over into the jeep and having my 2 10s sealed and a box built into that rear trunk door see the link below to see what I mean. The second option I had was I was thinking of selling my 2 10s and going with a single 12" (thinking about a W7) and going ported box off the same amp which is the JL Audio 1200/1 HD. Which of the two options would you do? Is there anything else you would recommend?

 

Skip to 7:55

 

 

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Posted

I've ran a single 12" w7 and my current setup is 4 12" w6's....

If I had to choose between 2 10" w6's and a single 12" w7, personally, I'd choose the w7.

That's just my opinion though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

If I stick with my 2 10 w6v3. What would you recommend for a sealed box size?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Posted
1 hour ago, Daddy_ said:

If I stick with my 2 10 w6v3. What would you recommend for a sealed box size?

I think anywhere between 1.26 and 1.45 cubes internal volume should do you well. Though there are people in this forum that understand box building a ton more than I do. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

Any box builder can help and chime in. Also will polyfill help in the sealed box.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Posted

I'm also considering  two or three W7 8s sealed up on my HD 1200

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...