Second Skin Audio

help wiring my sub and amp

hello, first of sorry if my English is bad, Nowegian here

so i just bought the following

amp: Ground Zero GZCA 1.5SPL-M2 1500W @ 2

sub: Ground Zero GZIB 2.3000 XSPL 2000W   shop said its wired for 2ohm

i have hooked it up but right now i have the Gain at 100% max, and bass boost at like 50% and headunit bass boost at +3 (pioneer headunit) and even tho all of these settings are almost maxed out i have no distortion or clipping, and still sounds like the sub can go way higher

why is this? the sub has 8 terminals on it 4 on each side of the sub, im guessing this is so i can choose which side to use depending on amp location since the other side is bridged at the terminals with metal thingys? right now i have it hooked up with 1 posetive and 1 negative terminal from sub to amp, the amp only has 2 terminals for speaker wire, is this correct or have i wired it to 8ohm or something? should i use both posetives and negative terminals on sub the put both negative and posetive into 1 at the amp? 

i have watched videos on how to wire 2 ohm and stuff but those are outside the boxes, i have no idea what it looks like inside the box, and have alot of terminals. any help appreciated

How do you know you have no clipping or distortion? Are you sure your wiring is correct? Can you open up the subwoofer box and double check the wiring? Are the grounds secure and in good locations? 

Pictures of the amp would help a bunch, both sides. I looked the amp up and i dont see what you are talking about when you say 4 terminals on each side. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

1 minute ago, Backwoods said:

How do you know you have no clipping or distortion? Are you sure your wiring is correct? Can you open up the subwoofer box and double check the wiring? Are the grounds secure and in good locations? 

Pictures of the amp would help a bunch, both sides. I looked the amp up and i dont see what you are talking about when you say 4 terminals on each side. 

the amp has a clipping led indicator, i its pretty easy to hear when you are getting close to or going over that point to where it starts clipping or distort, i am not sure my wiring is correct, the Sub box has 4 terminals on each side, on one side the the terminals are bridged, negative to posetive on both. im guessing this is so you can choose to use either side depending on amp's location, the amp only has 2 terminals. its 1500w rms and i can put anything on the roof and its just berely shaking, ive seen videos of this exact sub box flexing the front windshield, and i have a wagon. i dont have the oppurtunity to take a picture atm

oh ok i understand now... Id open the box up, take the screws out of the subs and pull them out. Make sure they are wired correctly and both subs are hooked up properly. 

You can also hook a multimeter up to your speaker wires and see what the final impedance is at.  

Just now, Backwoods said:

oh ok i understand now... Id open the box up, take the screws out of the subs and pull them out. Make sure they are wired correctly and both subs are hooked up properly. 

You can also hook a multimeter up to your speaker wires and see what the final impedance is at.  

ah ye i will do that, measure the resistance, i dont feel like there is a point to take the subs out, they said its wired to 2ohm, and its from factory so its probably correct unless they really screwed up at the factory or something

2 minutes ago, 12V71 said:

I'm trying to help you, so i downloaded your owners manual. You Should have refereed to this to wire your SUBS PROPERLY.

https://www.ground-zero-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/GZIB-2.3000XSPL_OM_112017.pdf

g0.jpg

ye i know, i have looked at that, but my worst nemesis is wiring diagrams, i just cant picture in my head how i connect from the box to the amp by looking at that, is it from 1 posetive and 1 negativ to the amp or 2 posetives into 1 posetive on amp and same with negative? right now i only have it hooked up with 1 of each terminal on the box and both subs are playing

That is showing 1 negative and 1 positive from BOTH SIDES connected together and put into the corresponding terminals on the amp. 

Then the remaining negative and positives connected together on BOTH SIDES.

Archived