Second Skin Audio

How is my enclosure for SPL?

Tune it lower to give it a better bandwidth, so 32-33hz, and add make the enclosure 4.6 cubic feet net volume so after subwoofer displacement it’s at 4.4 cubic feet and the port area is fine, if you increase the net volume. This would be a 10% increase of recommended net volume and 17sq” per cubic foot when it comes to the port area. That would slam. For spl you have to increase the net volume a little past manufacturing recommendations, 10-20%. Port area too. Port area is found out after the increase by factoring in net volume sizing and rms of the amp. What kind of vehicle is it going in?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Tune it lower to give it a better bandwidth, so 32-33hz, and add make the enclosure 4.6 cubic feet net volume so after subwoofer displacement it’s at 4.4 cubic feet and the port area is fine, if you increase the net volume. This would be a 10% increase of recommended net volume and 17sq” per cubic foot when it comes to the port area. That would slam. For spl you have to increase the net volume a little past manufacturing recommendations, 10-20%. Port area too. Port area is found out after the increase by factoring in net volume sizing and rms of the amp. What kind of vehicle is it going in?

Most of my music is in the 34-40hz range, so wouldn't 35hz tuning make it much louder in that range? This is the largest I can make the box and still fit it in my 2010 Mazda 6. I could maybe go an inch wider and deeper max. The most I could increase port area to is 83sqin which would take peak velocity down from 26m/s to 23m/s. Amp is Taramps MD3000.1. Would I be able to make it louder if I reduce net volume to 3.8-4.0?

Port area is fine. Make the port wider. That velocity isn’t a comfortable velocity. A little too high. People say you can go to 30 meters per second but that’s risky. Anything past 25 meters per second is risky. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

WinISD has been wrong before. 

When I used one calculator I get 68in2 and when I used a different one I got 80in2, so I just chose between them. I'm putting 1500rms to it also.

The calculators:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/122Qmj0knD3KQ3GmfxpVIynXirCOFvmfe0otVpywC_nM/edit#gid=1632976665

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Archived