Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Maybe someone here can figure this out.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so here's the setup. I ran rcas to my Clarion EQ from the head unit. Sound is crackly and weak. But if I touch the positive to the negative sound is clear. And the rcas are good because if I run it straight to the head unit it is fine. 

Posted
9 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Wait, what do you mean if you touch the pos & neg?

The positive post of the rca cord aka the long part to the negative aka the outer area of the jack

Posted

You have a bad ground somewhere, it is grounding out when you touch it. It may be an internal or external ground. Recheck all the grounds you can. If nothing improves then it is an internal grounding issue within the clarion unit. Is it a new unit?

Posted
5 hours ago, SawDawg said:

You have a bad ground somewhere, it is grounding out when you touch it. It may be an internal or external ground. Recheck all the grounds you can. If nothing improves then it is an internal grounding issue within the clarion unit. Is it a new unit?

Ok so I'm a idiot. It wasn't the ground it was the power wire. So the reason is I didn't think of that was because it has lights so it got enough power from the remote wire to light it up but not enough to power it on. So in my testing phase I disconnected it and forgot. One of those I'm a dumbass moments.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...