Speakers Crackling only when Amp set to highpass

Dragonware

Hi Guys 

Something strange im using Sundown Components  on my front doors and Sundown coaxials on my rear. The Amp is Taramp DS800x4 .

if the amp is set to highpass at Volume 17 the front components start to crackle. Amp gains are moderately set. the SMD DD-1 says i can go up to vol 22.

So i switched the amp crossover to full range took the volume up to 23 no crackling but the components and coaxials are not putting out too much bass and it sounds farty.

any ideas or sugestions ? there is an Audio Control LC7i in the mix and the factory headunit is set to flat.

unfortunately the amp does not have adjustable crossovers 

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

I can try different rca cables just curious how would the cable be bad if switching crossover on the amp from highpass to full range solved the crackling but just introduces to much bass  to the doors.

the amp is connected to a ground bus that goes to the secondary battery and directly to the frame of the truck.

the LC7I however jumps its power and ground via 18 guage off this amp if that matters 

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

Thats what I was thinking too when it came to the rca’s. That’s why I then thought it could be a ground loop making the noise or the loc malfunctioning and making the noise. So then I asked about grounding locations. Ground that loc to the chassis on its own ground. That should fix the problem. And it’s not smart to have the positive feed of that loc jumped from an amp either. Use a distribution block to separate it or wire it straight from the battery. But the loc ground is what’s causing that noise. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

8 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Thats what I was thinking too when it came to the rca’s. That’s why I then thought it could be a ground loop making the noise or the loc malfunctioning and making the noise. So then I asked about grounding locations. Ground that loc to the chassis on its own ground. That should fix the problem. And it’s not smart to have the positive feed of that loc jumped from an amp either. Use a distribution block to separate it or wire it straight from the battery. But the loc ground is what’s causing that noise. 

will make those changes and report back thank you 

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

You are welcome. You could of said thanks on my post and gave me a rep point. That’s crazy when people that have been on this forum for a while say thank you and don’t post a thanks point on said post they say thank you for. By clicking like or thanks so shows respect, thankfulness and decency. Because the person who helps you on here, you can help them by adding points to their rep on here by clicking that like or thanks button. But whatever. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Just an update i tried switching the RCA from front to Rear and having the highpass crossover set on the amp. The Crackling moved from the front to the back. so you could have been right bad RCAs. I will replace them and also move the ground while im at it and let you guys know.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

It could be RCA’s, but it could also be a bad RCA plug on one of the pieces of equipment, if you switch the RCA’s and the noise is still present, I would also check if you have Continuity between the grounds on the RCA at the amp end , 

and with the RCA is plugged into the amp check that you have continuity between the grounds of the RCA close to your source. Regards David

On 7/31/2020 at 12:18 AM, 1point21gigawatts said:

You are welcome. You could of said thanks on my post and gave me a rep point. That’s crazy when people that have been on this forum for a while say thank you and don’t post a thanks point on said post they say thank you for. By clicking like or thanks so shows respect, thankfulness and decency. Because the person who helps you on here, you can help them by adding points to their rep on here by clicking that like or thanks button. But whatever. 

only just now seing this post I always say thank you in a comment when i get help. You are right I have been here long but I honestly never knew the importance of  the link  or thanks. I also never knew that you gain any sort of points from me doing it or I would have been doing that to all the ones who have helped me in the past. Apologies.  Didnt think this was like facebook or youtube where likes mattered that much.

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass