celticray Posted August 11, 2020 Report Posted August 11, 2020 My truck doors are heavily dampened with Dynamat and dynaplate. I dont have Dynamat near the door locks. I need to replace the door lock acuaters on both doors which Ive done, I want to reseal the door now. The Dynaplate I have peeled back and I need a fast setting glue that will do minimal damage to the door/paint if I have to do surgery again. Calling anyone at Dynamat was no help at all. Has anyone "re-glued" the dynaplate before?? Im open to any suggestions Thanks Tom
oldgearworks Posted August 11, 2020 Report Posted August 11, 2020 have you tried butyl tape? kenwood ddx7017 jl slash 500/1v1 jl slash 300/4v1 jl c3 5.25 components front no rears stinger 6000 rca's'
CstrokerV Posted August 12, 2020 Report Posted August 12, 2020 Second skin has butyl rope you can try that my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
celticray Posted August 13, 2020 Author Report Posted August 13, 2020 Thanks for the suggestion, I was looking for glue that would set fast and have minimal damage if removed again. I didnt consider using dynamat as it was too thick and I didnt want it to interfere with the door lock rods. Because of that it didnt dawn on me to use butyl tape to re-seal the dynaplate, thats a great idea and Ill probably be able to get away with it Still open to a glue if anyone can suggest Thanks!! Tom
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.