08 Silverado Electrical

My friend has an 08 Silverado crew cab, we're removing the back seats and putting 4 15s on a SFB 3k in it. Right now there's 2 12s on a SFB 1k and he has a SFB 200.4 on some RF Punch 6.5s. Truck has stock electrical (145 amp alt) right now. What's the best bang for buck option for the electrical upgrades? He wants to do a small lithium bank (16ah Headway) in the back with the stock alternator. But I don't know enough about lithium to know if that's enough. Is it? If not, what do y'all suggest?

7 hours ago, Jonrussell18 said:

My friend has an 08 Silverado crew cab, we're removing the back seats and putting 4 15s on a SFB 3k in it. Right now there's 2 12s on a SFB 1k and he has a SFB 200.4 on some RF Punch 6.5s. Truck has stock electrical (145 amp alt) right now. What's the best bang for buck option for the electrical upgrades? He wants to do a small lithium bank (16ah Headway) in the back with the stock alternator. But I don't know enough about lithium to know if that's enough. Is it? If not, what do y'all suggest?

At the very least, go get the alternator rebuilt to put out more amperage. I forget how much mine cost our what they bumped it up to because it wasn't enough for my needs and I ended up just breaking bread and getting a mechman 370. Also, if you haven't already, do the big 3 upgrade under your hood. There's hundreds of videos on YouTube on how to do that. Fairly easy. With electrical, go as big as your pockets will allow you. Also, try to do as much research on the exact lithium bank your buddy is planning on using. From what I understand, lithium can be temperamental in certain situations and you don't want to stress it out. And a voltage meter to monitor what it's doing wouldn't be a bad idea either

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

8 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

At the very least, go get the alternator rebuilt to put out more amperage. I forget how much mine cost our what they bumped it up to because it wasn't enough for my needs and I ended up just breaking bread and getting a mechman 370. Also, if you haven't already, do the big 3 upgrade under your hood. There's hundreds of videos on YouTube on how to do that. Fairly easy. With electrical, go as big as your pockets will allow you. Also, try to do as much research on the exact lithium bank your buddy is planning on using. From what I understand, lithium can be temperamental in certain situations and you don't want to stress it out. And a voltage meter to monitor what it's doing wouldn't be a bad idea either

Yeah, I talked to him about it and did some research. Gonna just go ahead and go probably a little overkill. Gonna run 2 AGMs under the hood, with a 370 amp alternator. Running 2/0 for all the wire. Spend the money now and save in the long run. 

I'm in the process of upgrading, but right now I have 2 80ah AGM's under the hood and the 370 pushing 4 1000 watt amps and 2 400.4's. No problems. You should be good

Spend the money now and save in the long run...1000% correct my friend! Plan for the upgrade even if the upgrade never happens. Wish I would have done that in hindsight. I'm having to gut the truck and start over basically from scratch. The only 3 things that are staying are my 370, my head unit (for now) and my Audio Control Three.2. Everything else must go lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived