Sonic Electronix

Need some advise or opinions

Working on a SQL build in my SC300 and looking for some box advice. 

My current setup (under construction and evolving, don't judge =P ) ;

Kenwood excelon DDX795 head unit

Alpine type s 4" coaxials in the doors (temporary)

Focal 6.5" Flax coax in the rear.

Fosgate Power HX2 12 in prefab garbage box.

Mechman 250A alternator

Big 3, silver tinned ofc 1/0 throughout. 

Kinetic 2k watt battery for trunk. Standard batt under hood. 

FULL raamat, and ensolite treatment throughout ENTIRE vehicle. 

I have a host of amp's to run front stage when I figure out what want to end up running, but that's not what I'm here to ask about. 

Soooooo, currently I'm running the hx2 in the trunk on a t1000.bdcp amplifier. I feel I am losing tons of bass since the trunk is basically sealed off from the car, and the fuel tank is in between the trunk and the back seat. I have decided to remove the rear seats and put a box in their place. 

My plan is to glass the seat tub and back wall for the rear and bottom portions of the box, or boxes. And use 3/4" birch for the remaining faces. 

Here's where my struggle, and your advise, comes in. Keep in mind I'm more into sq than spl.

With the following options of equipment what would you choose, and would you go sealed or ported.

Subs

1x fosgate power hx2 12"

2x fosgate punch p3 15"

1x CT sounds Meso 8"

Amps

Fosgate t1000bd

Xtant1001dx

I'm currently leaning towards the xtant and the 15's with 3ft^ boxes.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long ass first post. 

20200510_123839.jpg

20200518_180058.jpg

20200510_124018.jpg

20200510_123922.jpg

20200510_123901.jpg

20200819_130759.jpg

20200819_130827.jpg

Oh, sorry. I thought you wher going to buy one of those options. I didn't know you already had them. Plenty of room for 2 15's. In an enclosure built specifically for those subs to have the flattest response possible, you'll get the kind of sound quality you're looking for. 

The QTS of those subs also indicate they'd do well in a sealed enclosure. In my opinion, I like those for sound quality because they play relativity flat and can hit the real low notes well. That's my opinion

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thanks, I was only thinking sealed for the ease of install. I don't know enough about t/s parameters to understand how or where what performs best.

I do know a sealed box is more forgiving than ported if the volume is off a little bit. And I'd more than likely be off in this situation, cursing myself for the wasted wood and fiberglass!

Would 2 sealed chambers or one shared be better?

1 amp right? Either or. I would do 1 big box. Seems easier than building 2 identical chambers. 

The QTS, if it's below .5, the speaker is better suited for ported enclosures. Above .5 is better for sealed enclosures and if I'm not mistaken, above 1 and it's good for infinite baffle applications. (Don't quote me on that last one). Any speaker will work in any enclosure. They do what they're told. But some perform in specific situations better than others. 

Yea, one amp. 

The t1000 is either ~1k watts at 4ohm or ~1.5k at 1 ohm. I don't have the birth sheet, but that's typical of what I've seen for these amp's. 

The 1001dx is rated 250 watts at 4ohm or 1k at 1 ohm.

The xtant should put out better sound, and from what I've read they are very underrated on their specs. 

So I was planning on 2 boxes at 3ft^3 seems to be a good number for these. Would I just double it to 6ft^3 (after displacement) or is it more complicated than that when they occupy the same chamber?

Screenshot_20210112-023021_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210112-023400_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Just a guy said:

Yea, one amp. 

The t1000 is either ~1k watts at 4ohm or ~1.5k at 1 ohm. I don't have the birth sheet, but that's typical of what I've seen for these amp's. 

The 1001dx is rated 250 watts at 4ohm or 1k at 1 ohm.

The xtant should put out better sound, and from what I've read they are very underrated on their specs. 

So I was planning on 2 boxes at 3ft^3 seems to be a good number for these. Would I just double it to 6ft^3 (after displacement) or is it more complicated than that when they occupy the same chamber?

Screenshot_20210112-023021_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210112-023400_Chrome.jpg

Maybe a more seasoned box builder can add their thoughts as well, but for a sealed enclosure, I've always just doubled it for 2 subs, if course accounting for sub displacement and any bracing

Archived