Pioneer avh 1700s

Not a great hu,

Front stage focal 165kr2

Rear is focal ec165 coaxial

Jl audio xd400 powering focals nicely

2x jl audio w6v3 12's

Ported box built to spec

Jbl gto14001 powering subs.

Ok! So I have a very unique issue I can't find any help with.

My bass goes from 100% to 30 or40% RANDOMLY! all the issues I read about are on/off scenarios. It's sooo frustrating when i spent so much time and money on this system and its bass randomly goes quiet. Now here's where it gets interesting, I usually run my hu sub gain at -8 up to -3 depending on my mood. That's usually plenty to get these subs to rattle my car to hell. But they go quiet randomly; yet, im able to pump the sub gain up to +5 or sometimes even +10 to get it to bump again. It does play quite loud in that scenario but It sounds not quite as great but it still rattles and bumps. Seriously lost on this one. I have a red top (I know yellow tops are better for systems) and a volt meter on car at all times. The volt drops do not coincide with bass drops...please help.

Get a different rca wire and unplug the old one and plug a different one in, preferably, a new one and a good one, and check the pre out voltage on your head unit (use a digital multimeter and put some alligator clips on the leads. on one rca prong, put the negative lead on the outside of the circle, and put the positive lead on the other rca prong’s prong. Check with ac voltage.) and play a test tone for a while, keep the volume the same, and watch for any changes and if you don’t see any drastic changes in ac voltage, then it could be your rca wire. If you see drastic changes in ac voltage then it’s the head units rca pre out and you would need a line out converter or a new head unit to fix that problem. If that’s the case, I would just buy a better head unit.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived