Wifebtr Posted March 4, 2021 Report Posted March 4, 2021 My first component speaker set, Skar TX525C. It has a crossover box that needs to be wired up. I don't think the speakers came with instructions.. So from left to right we have 8 connections. IN+ IN- WF+ WF- 0dB -3dB -6dB TW- So IN+ and IN- are positive and negative speaker wire from amplifier? WF connections go to the woofer? And Tweeter - goes TW- with the positive going to the dB I want for tweeter loudness? Any help is appreciated.
Wifebtr Posted March 5, 2021 Author Report Posted March 5, 2021 Anyone? If it's super obvious and I got it right it would be reassuring to hear so. I double checked and no instructions with the speakers. Searching google and Skar's website yielded no results. I am trying to get confirmation but it is eluding me.
Dafaseles Posted March 5, 2021 Report Posted March 5, 2021 I can't find the owners manual online anywhere, but it looks to me like you've got the in + and -, then you've got WF going to the 6.5", then the negative for the tweeter (TW-) and you can choose a db overlap to connect your tweeter positive to. I would just connect the 0 db and see how that sounds. 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
Wifebtr Posted March 6, 2021 Author Report Posted March 6, 2021 Cool. Thanks for the reply. My first crossover. Don't want to break anything. Thanks again. Crazy there no included instructions, or anything online!
Dafaseles Posted March 6, 2021 Report Posted March 6, 2021 2 hours ago, Wifebtr said: Cool. Thanks for the reply. My first crossover. Don't want to break anything. Thanks again. Crazy there no included instructions, or anything online! Yeah, that's kind of garbage. Every other passive crossover I've owned has had detailed instructions on how to wire up the crossover and what "special features" it had if any 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.