Second Skin Audio

New box build

MasonJ

Howdy SMD folks!

It's time for a box that fits my trunk better, since I now know of things like WinISD, Torres, and this freakin' awesome place.
I currently have a Sundown SA12 wired to 1 ohm hooked up to a Sundown SAE1000DV2 @ 1000 watts in a box built to Sundown's website provided box plans. It's pretty much a big ol' square box. I'm planning on building a new box with an aeroport for simplicity and a bit different shape to open up some trunk room. The plan so far per Torres...
Height: 14.5"
Width: 24"
Depth: 14.25"
Sub displacement: 0.14 cubes
Gross V: 2.16 cubes
Net V: 1.99 cubes
Port diameter: 3"
Port back/Sub back
Port length per Torres: 5.61"
Port length per WinISD: 6" (so let's say 5.75" as a happy medium?)
Tuning: 35Hz

The question: Do those port dimensions look good or would one of you lovely people have a different suggestion on length/diameter/etc?

What’s the ports height? If it’s 13”, then that’s too much port area and the port width would have to be shrank to 2.5” in width and the extra net volume that would occur because of the port width shrinking would help that subwoofer and port. Don’t worry about the increase in net volume. Bigger is better if the rms isn’t crazy. Which after impedance rise on that amp, isn’t crazy. Not way bigger. But a tad bigger is better, and that increase would be better. Especially on that subwoofer.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived