Second Skin Audio

Ranger Blowthrough

slaughter

Looking to build another blow through in a ranger but I’ve been away from car audio for some years. Just wanted to see if DC was still a good choice to go with. I’m thinking of replicating my old blow through with 2 DC XL 15s in a 4th order. 

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

1 hour ago, slaughter said:

Looking to build another blow through in a ranger but I’ve been away from car audio for some years. Just wanted to see if DC was still a good choice to go with. I’m thinking of replicating my old blow through with 2 DC XL 15s in a 4th order. 

I don't think you'd be disappointed at all

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I think I’m leaning on 4 lvl 4 12s. Hopefully that’ll get down as low as my old blow through and be louder

SOLD

2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

27 minutes ago, slaughter said:

I think I’m leaning on 4 lvl 4 12s. Hopefully that’ll get down as low as my old blow through and be louder

I'm hopefully about to start a 4 12 blow through project soon myself. Hopefully you can start a build log for yours

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 weeks later...

Now I think I'm going to go with the DD 3512's. Any thoughts on going with these?

SOLD

2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

• 1 month later...

Ok, back to the drawing board. I'm having a shop do this build since I don't have the time I once did. They are a DD dealer and say they have the most world records of anyone so I'd imagine they know more than me. They said my best bet is to go with 3 DD3510 ESP. I'm worried about having the 10's not playing as loud or low as other options since their FS is a good bit higher and xmax is lower(but I could be wrong on my assumption). But I'm also wanting to do either 2 DC XL 15s  or 2 Sundown X v3 15's. My goal is loud and low on music.  It will be a 4th order. And I was told by the shop that I don't want to have the subs on either side facing each other that's why I'm limited to having them facing the cab only. Amp will be an Ampere 3800.  Do the Sundowns like being in a 4th?  Any other suggestions on what you think my best bet would be?

Long story short I have 40" width and 17" height to work with and I can't decide at all.

Any help on this matter would be great. 

SOLD

2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

Archived