Second Skin Audio

Ok how do i make this fit

21 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

What made you decide on 7 cubes? What about 8 cubes?

I only have 7 cubic feet because I wanted to save space on the sides for a lithium battery but maybe i can add another cubic foot on just one side.  Right now i have a phoenix gold xenon 400.1 mounted on the back seat running two image dynamics id12's sealed in 1.50 cubic feet each and a phoenix gold xenon 100.2 mounted on the back seat running Morel Maximo 6 component speakers.  I do already have the smart 3k I bought it figuring thats all i would need but you know how it goes bigger better haha.  I figured i can mount the 8k on the back seat still since its only like 2.5 inches longer and wire the 18 subwoofer to 4 ohms since its a dual 2 ohm then wire it down to 1 ohm for burps using dual posts on for 4 ohm and one for 1 ohm.  Im also going to do the ports external like you suggested because ill gain a little air space and be able to change tuning for spl burps.  I could also mount the subwoofer inverted but ive never done that so id need pointers on how to do it.  Doing the ports external and the sub inverted id have 7.40 cubic feet net.   Id have about a 37 hz tuning at 21 inches of port.

ps....I figured out that i can do two 8 inch ports external without the flares and they would fit on the front of the box because I only have 18 inches in height and 31 inches in width.  That should still be enough port area even without the flares.

Archived